1983 Internats program......

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blair Warren

I found in my "stuff", the full program from the 1983 Internats...if you want to see anything in it let me know.

It had an interesting ad for a 1/5 scale hydroplane...68 inches long and only 26 lbs!!!!

PXL_20210121_235803794[1].jpg
PXL_20210122_001240709[1].jpg

Boat would have been American RC Helicopters Atlas Vanlines. The factory was on "Airport Road".. yes.. it was hit by a plane.. all was lost.

Grim

I and several others from Alabama attended that race.

Clee Morman won the Excellence of Performance Trophy
He barely beat Roger Moran known as Possum
We camped out at a camping site close to the race sight
Every evening we enjoyed seeing the Canadian geese come in for a landing on a small pond

They would do a fly over turn and do a base leg and turn in to the wind, drop their landing gear and landed

Had a great time at that event

Sorry for the musings

Musing...that's a good thing. Great memories!

Looks like we have met before.....you remember, I had the orange and white boat. :)

At that race, my mom and sister ran the impound tent. My dad and I ran the retrieve boat when we weren't racing. Mostly my dad tho.PXL_20210122_192844748[1].jpg

I was there too, Searay Lake in Oxford. Stayed at the campground too, State park IIRC.

Didn't do squat with my boats, at twenty three chasing around the local gals was more important, lol.

I was there too, Searay Lake in Oxford. Stayed at the campground too, State park IIRC.

Didn't do squat with my boats, at twenty three chasing around the local gals was more important, lol.
We were noobs lol....had an idea of what to do..but still learning the ropes. Always enjoyed racing with you Terry.

Back