1973 Pak Parts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott, I don't know of anyone that's making an FG or CF set for that boat. In fact, to get mine right, I actually went to the HARM and took measurements off the full sized boat. Is yours going to be electric? I know I've got the registration for the nitro?

Last edited:
I think it's due to the Pak's superstructure being made out of all welded aluminum parts so it wasn't practical to make molds for the cowls or cockpit. When you really look at it, there isn't that much to any of the superstructure as much of it is between 1/16th and 1/8th plate with the tails being formed aluminum that's thinner yet

Reach out to Mike at MLBoatworks. I built a 1/10th FE Pak based off his kit and sent him the correct cowl patterns. I'd bet it's not a big deal for him to scale them up.

PakbuildI.jpgPakbuildG.jpgPakbuild00.jpgPakbuildS.jpg

Don, if Mike's kit is based on Roger Newton's plans, the walls between the rear of the cockpit and the tails are not long enough. I've had to move the cross frame at the rear of the engine bay and the front of the cockpit forward almost an inch to match the full sized boat. If that isn't a big deal to you, that's fine. I just want my boat to be accurate when compared to the real thing when it's done

Don, if Mike's kit is based on Roger Newton's plans, the walls between the rear of the cockpit and the tails are not long enough. I've had to move the cross frame at the rear of the engine bay and the front of the cockpit forward almost an inch to match the full sized boat. If that isn't a big deal to you, that's fine. I just want my boat to be accurate when compared to the real thing when it's done
Do you jump on topics all the time simply to make yourself feel relevant or what? What part of correct cowl patterns did you not understand? "If that isn't a big deal to you" WTF? Did you even bother to look at the pics before you got finger happy on the keyboard? Here's a thought, spend less time on here telling others how to do things and finish your own stuff first.

Scott, I don't know of anyone that's making an FG or CF set for that boat. In fact, to get mine right, I actually went to the HARM and took measurements off the full sized boat. Is yours going to be electric? I know I've got the registration for the nitro?
Curious, in the NW, how long can you hold a registration over a boat and get it finished and qualified? Seems like you’ve had this boat under construction for a long as I can remember, when do you expect to have it finished and racing?

Do you jump on topics all the time simply to make yourself feel relevant or what? What part of correct cowl patterns did you not understand? "If that isn't a big deal to you" WTF? Did you even bother to look at the pics before you got finger happy on the keyboard? Here's a thought, spend less time on here telling others how to do things and finish your own stuff first.
Don, did you read my whole post? I specifically said IF his kit was based on Newton plans, which I have, and found them to be wrong, the walls would be short. I didn't say Mike's kit was wrong, just that the source material could be. Since your pictures don't have anything to base the length of the parts on that makes it a mute point. Then again, this isn't the first time you've defended Mike's kits so I guess I should have expected your reaction to be what it was

Last edited:
Don, did you read my whole post? I specifically said IF his kit was based on Newton plans, which I have, and found them to be wrong, the walls would be short. I didn't say Mike's kit was wrong, just that the source material could be. Since your pictures don't have anything to base the length of the parts on that makes it a mute point. Then again, this isn't the first time you've defended Mike's kits so I guess I should have expected your reaction to be what it was
Every word, don't try to backpedal you're way out on this. I get complaints about you on a fairly regular basis and typically I let it go but this time you insinuated I don't care about accuracy. You should have actually looked at how the cowl I did was corrected before you got finger happy but that's not your style, it's about impressing everyone with how much you think you know. Now this thread need to be back on topic, this sidebar discussion is over.

Curious, in the NW, how long can you hold a registration over a boat and get it finished and qualified? Seems like you’ve had this boat under construction for a long as I can remember, when do you expect to have it finished and racing?
This isn't my boat Greg, just a new boater who contacted me thru my YouTube channel so I'm trying to help him out. And besides... I've never built this boat so I'm not sure what you're referring to. Several years ago now I helped a guy get his Pak running but that was just a simple cleanup of the interior and fresh tanks. Maybe you caught wind of that somehow, I don't know.
But anyway, thank you Don for the tip. I'll hit Mike up.

This isn't my boat Greg, just a new boater who contacted me thru my YouTube channel so I'm trying to help him out. And besides... I've never built this boat so I'm not sure what you're referring to. Several years ago now I helped a guy get his Pak running but that was just a simple cleanup of the interior and fresh tanks. Maybe you caught wind of that somehow, I don't know.
But anyway, thank you Don for the tip. I'll hit Mike up.

Scott, I'm pretty sure this question was directed at and about hydro junkie.
If Mark does in deed have the registration for his nitro version of the boat in question, it seems to be a valid question. As Mark seems to take years to build anything,& I don't think any ever hit the water. If that's the case, he is "holding" someone else up from building & racing a particular boat.
I think I have read in one of these clubs bylaws that there is a time period involved. I may be wrong on this???

Apologies Scott, my question wasn’t directed at you at all and I shouldn’t have enegaged Mark at all and inside your post. It’s great that your helping out another boater.

I believe RCU devolpement timeframe is 2 yrs. total. Its been a while since I did one. 20+ years and I dont run scale anymore.
Mike

Mike at ML already cut me a Pak cowl for a gas boat. was not really complete but had the proper profile to fit the crown of the hull. Bulkheads for the proper width of the opening had to be cut.

Latest posts

Back