1/6.6 miss bud electric

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snell design makes the cowl and wing set. Very high quality parts. Motor and ESC have a cover that is taped in place under the cowl. ESC is mounted on a pivoting tray so the batteries can be inserted and removed on both sides of tub. There is no additional weight in this boat to obtain the correct C.G. This boat runs much better than my 1/8 scale. The increase in size is not proportional to the weight.
What is the price Tom?

Thanks Mark.
I also use hrc products.
Have not been able to get in touch with them. Emailed them again. Good to know that they make cooling jackets for the 5870. Have many 5670 jackets but they will not fit the 5870’s.

Thanks again
Tom

Tom
Even with the good jackets my motors still run hot. Part of the problem is there 6 pole which tends to run hotter.There also harder on the esc. I have burned up 2 swordfish 300s and 3 flier style controllers. My buddy has burned a few up too. I race my boats in the open gas class and have a mono and cat. Another racer experienced the same thing. We both have asked TP to make a 4 pole motor so there easier on the esc and don't run as hot. They said no for now. We both have quit using our TP motors and my buddy went back to the Castle 2028 motor and he even bought a Neu 2230 motor. The Neu is the best of the bunch but very expensive. You probably are going to be easier on your set up since your not racing gas boats so don't push the prop size too much and you will probably be alright.

So far no problems with the swordfish 300 lite or the new x model. Are you run the esc in auto mode for timing? I am only because I don’t know where else to set it. Thinking about the Neu.

Thanks Mark.
I also use hrc products.
Have not been able to get in touch with them. Emailed them again. Good to know that they make cooling jackets for the 5870. Have many 5670 jackets but they will not fit the 5870’s.

Thanks again
Tom

HRC will be unable to supply the water jacket as the owner Dave Hampton passed away several months ago.

Latest posts

Back