This is why you don't test 2 days before nats....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

57fairlane500

At the last district race I had a problem getting my sport 40 to run. While cleaning it up at the end of the day I found out that the problem was the new water cooled header was leaking, dumping all the water in to the boat and carb. I decided to go testing today to make sure everything was going to work OK before I leave for the NAMBA nationals Wednesday night.

BIG MISTAKE. (Link to pictures)

Good thing I have a back-up boat.

I built that boat in 2001, it's seen a lot of races and owes me nothing. I think it deserves to be retired.

Still a sad day though.

Last edited:
Ouch ..... Did it stuff or blow off ??

Okay , I will prob take grief for this but-

Now I dont know if Sam and Kelly Know each other ( if so - stop reading) Heck I dont know either one of them but

If not-

Sam please try and not take offense to this -But your reply could have been worded a little more appropriately imho- it seemed a little pushy-

unless once again you guys know each other- then Im out of line.

Maybe something more like-

" Dang Kelly , thats sucks. Are you gonna toss it in the trash or hang onto it ? If your gonna trash it , I would be interested in paying shipping and attempting to repair it. Unless of course it has sentimental value to you" .

Thats just me tho ;)

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Done that before..Good thing they invented HOT STUFF.. It was a Dave Frank boat.. 87 Nat in San Diego..

Darn Kelly, It looks BAD. I thought I was the one with the bad luck this week- not a half hour after posting some of the temperatures on the namba nats. thread my home A/C quit. Balmy 88 degrees in the house today.

Sam, I am going to hang in on the wall of the trailer, we have been through too much together. If you need a boat I can help you out, just not this one.

Andy, I don't know Sam other than IW, but we're all good. It caught some weeds on the turn fin and it snap rolled, violently. Fun things happen at the speeds we are going with these.

Ray, pass me some popcorn, please. :lol:

Roy, no Hot Stuff for this one. I'm lucky though, I have options like the twin to this boat that I won the 2011 NAMBA Nats with is in my trailer and I had started building a replacement.

Yeah Glenn, it was supposed to be a quick shake down and pack it for the trip to Utah. Good thing I had started a new boat, I guess I wont be sleeping tonight.

I don't need a boat just offering to fix it. I got a boat that's hanging on my wall too. I want to eventually make repairs too.

It was one of the uglier solo crashes I've seen. We were wondering why it looked funny floating out there after the crash.

Kelly are you skipping Hobart this year? I was hoping you would make it and maybe bring Roth with you

Pass me some corn and a beer RRRay , George said- dont get me goin btw :lol:

Glenn what kinda ac system do you have- may be able to help you diag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pass me some corn and a beer RRRay , George said- dont get me goin btw :lol:

Glenn what kinda ac system do you have- may be able to help you diag.
Big SOB on the Roof :blink: . American Standard. Worked like a champ- then just Quit- breaker not tripped, new batts. in thermostat. Bought a new double 40 breaker but could not find the main shut off to the Power panel and rather than electrocute myself(for some reason that makes me a bit nervous- could be I have a gene for survival). There is a smaller box and shut off switch on the side of the A/C but I have not opened that.

OOPS, Sorry for putting this on your thread Kelly- should have sent Andy a P.M.

Yeah Mike, I am going to have to miss Hobart this year. I really hope to make it next year though. It's getting harder and harder to get Roth to travel.

No problem Glenn, this isn't an uptight thread. It can't be after the way it all started. :ph34r:

I just added a picture of the replacement boat, I need to get off the computer and in to the shop. Picture.

Back