P Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Britton

Got my Shaman P Tunnel setup finished. With the Halbrehder's, Drake and Westbrook, mine makes five. Looks like a new WCRA class. Better yet change the 40 tunnel class to open tunnel and come getcha some! (as Premo would say...)

Boat is on par with a hot Nelson 40.

$100 for the motor, same for the Swordfish 200 esc. 200 bucks and ya got yourself all the fun without the trouble of nitro plus the added benefit of getting to whoop a$$ on the 40 tunnels. I used an O.S. foot as well. with a m445 prop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good Bill. Which Leopard motor is that?

Looks like our club is pretty much on board with the 4 FE classes in WCRA! Of course some of 'em bitchin they don't have any of those classes we decided on. Big Whoop! I told 'em that's their problem.

That really is a gorgeous tunnel!Looks like it will run. What KV is your motor?

The leopard is 2200KV. We also bolted a 1515 NUe 2200KV on Bills hull and performane was pretty much thr same on the "butt dyno". As soon as I pulled out a stopwatch and clicked it Bill ran right over a bouy. Jay ran his Shaman with the 1515 and we didn't have the handling nailed down trying props and we clicked a couple low 14's easily. I see no reason either boat or 2200kv motor dialed in could not run low 13's or high 12's. Our STORM series 2 lap record for a 40 nitro tunnel is held by John Otto at 27.44 on the same course. To put an FE "P" tunnel that needs to be dialed in, close to that means there will be a few more built. Like Bill said a basic $200 motor and controller combo will tear up a mod 40 tunnel. Not an average one either. Prop I believe was an M445 and the OS lower seems to be holding up but I am also going to try a K&B .45 lower.

Mic

Bill would you be interested in building me a complete setup that I could slip into my Shaman? I do have an OS lower and could do the steering linkage and servo myself, but I'm a little new to the battery stuff.

Mike B

Bill would you be interested in building me a complete setup that I could slip into my Shaman? I do have an OS lower and could do the steering linkage and servo myself, but I'm a little new to the battery stuff.

Mike B
I don't mind. I have to build a P box for Hearl and Premo already, so I could build three just as easy as two. I'll pm you with details.

/B

The leopard is 2200KV. We also bolted a 1515 NUe 2200KV on Bills hull and performane was pretty much thr same on the "butt dyno". As soon as I pulled out a stopwatch and clicked it Bill ran right over a bouy. Jay ran his Shaman with the 1515 and we didn't have the handling nailed down trying props and we clicked a couple low 14's easily. I see no reason either boat or 2200kv motor dialed in could not run low 13's or high 12's. Our STORM series 2 lap record for a 40 nitro tunnel is held by John Otto at 27.44 on the same course. To put an FE "P" tunnel that needs to be dialed in, close to that means there will be a few more built. Like Bill said a basic $200 motor and controller combo will tear up a mod 40 tunnel. Not an average one either. Prop I believe was an M445 and the OS lower seems to be holding up but I am also going to try a K&B .45 lower.

Mic
Mic

Do u know if the 45 K/B lower is stronger?

Tim

Mike B
I don't mind. I have to build a P box for Hearl and Premo already, so I could build three just as easy as two. I'll pm you with details.

/B
good deal send it on, we'll work out the details.

mb

Mic
Mic

Do u know if the 45 K/B lower is stronger?

The K&B has a .187 flex cable which is going to be stronger than a .150 in an OS. K&B prop shafts wear much faster so the OS propshaft which runs with much less drag is better.

Mic

Tim

Back