help with boat plans

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jasen

HI im new to this Board and new to rc boat modeling and I'd like to have a go at Building a hull or two.Ive downloaded a few plans off the internet from various places including the hydromite plan.the programs I have to use are Volo view Express, delta cad,and mic picture it photo 7.0. The trouble I am having is that I cant get anything to print the right size or cant get the plans to fit on the paper in poster layout.my printer is an epson stylus photo 810 which can print up to b4 size paper.If i cant print These my self Ill have To get someone else to print them for me and would Like to convert them all to one format probably dxf or dc. THe files I have are in bmp,jpc and tif. Anyone in australia know where I can buy plans. Any help would Be appreciated thanks

Jason,

I think your best bet is with using Excell for the tif file (which is the hydromite one i think?)

just copy it into excell and expand it to the size you need/want and excell will 'cut' it to the paper size you have selected then all you need to do is join it together...but if you have a b4 sized printer you should be able to do it in one unless it is a big monster...

What sort of boat are you planning to build? Electric, Nitro, Petrol? Where abouts in Aus are you from? You should get into Outboard Tunnels, they are the best type IMO ;)

Hope this helps, just ask if there is anything you want me to clarify

Kris

PS you should Sign Up to this great Forum, so people can contact you directly with info and the like to help you out further ;D

Kris Flynn

Thanks for the reply Ill try Excell.Id like to build nitro powered hydro first. With either a .15 or .21 engine so id like To scale hydromite up abit.I was wrong about the printer maximum paper width is about 240mm.I live at South West Rocks which is in N.S.W.

...if you can get the right size on screen....try tracing it onto thin paper....I usually resort to something like this when converting plans from full size boats to models.

Hi, can you tell me where you found the other plans.

I already went to hydomite and got the file. Are the other bigger and for nitro.

Thanks

PS You can view the plan with Photoshop

Jasen,

ya might wanna give the Firefighter .12 or .21 a shot.....

you can get the plans and delta cad on this site, they print out fullsize without any adjustments [or at least they did for me :) ] plus, the designer [Tom Moorehouse] along with a bunch of guys who have made the boat are on the forum.......even if you dont decide to try the FF, get a username- it's a great forum.

Joe

Delta cad will print out full size with my epson inkjet. just make sure you set the scale to 1.

I have sold some .12 FireFighter plans but never the .21 FireFighter...... where did you get that one??

oh yea.... i guess it could my old design...... youd be better off with the new 12 design made bigger.....

hhmm,didnt know you had a newer set of .21 plans.....i've never tried using them [the old ones] but i do have a set sitting in cyberspace on my computer....

Joe

Back