New Lynx 21 Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOM MOORE

Has any one recieved and run the new lynx 21 tunnel for mod racing? Last time i saw it run was at the 2004 nats. just wondering how it would handle rough water the water at the nats was pretty flat.

Thanks Tom.

There's several Lynx 3.5 running out here. Yesterday at our club's New Year's Fun Run, Mike Hughes was running his Lynx with a MAC 21 OB. It was running very well.

Russ Nachtweih was running a Lynx with a stock O.S Max and it was going great.

I've seen a Lynx run in rough water and it has the same "challenges" as any 3.5 size tunnel in rough conditions. It is fast on good water!!

JD

From what I saw @ the Nats, it handled the rough water as well as any other boat, maybe better. Ron finished (and i think he won) every heat. While I wouldn't say the water was rough, it was challanging because it is shallow which caused a lot of holes.

Looks alot better than the last time I saw it! That was dead in turn 3. See ya Sat. Greg :p :rolleyes:

Mike Hughes said:
Ain't she a pretty thing. :D
79865[/snapback]

Hey Mike.....How are you guys liking those hulls?.....As compared to the Lee's?....Better driving hull?.....How about bad habits?.....quirks?....

Rob

Best driving tunnel I have had the privilege to drive. I don't think there is anything wrong with them. If I had the money I would have one to replace my XTR21 stock boat. You should see Mark Anderson's stock boat. Nothing can touch it. Everyone at nats could not believe there eyes as Mark just pulled away from the fast guys like they were standing still. Best 3.5 tunnel bar none.

Mike

Motivation! I've bought enough harware from you in the last year that i get a couple free shots! :) :( JD say's he's got his new A mod running too. sounds like its going to be a great year for that class lots of different hull and power combinations. I get all warm and fuzzy just thinking about all the great races to come this year! see ya soon. Greg Roth DEFENDING DIST. 8 A MOD CHAMPION.

OH fiddle sticks that was Dunny not Mikie! Oh well its all in good fun :eek: :ph34r: B)

Mike Hughes said:
RobBest driving tunnel I have had the privilege to drive. I don't think there is anything wrong with them. If I had the money I would have one to replace my XTR21 stock boat. You should see Mark Anderson's stock boat. Nothing can touch it. Everyone at nats could not believe there eyes as Mark just pulled away from the fast guys like they were standing still. Best 3.5 tunnel bar none.

Mike

80021[/snapback]

Hello Mike,

How's it going these days? When do you guys start your racing season up there in Dist. #8? The racing down here this season should be unreal. We have guys getting back into 3.5cc tunnel racing that got bored and left but are more pumped than they ever were! It is good to see some old faces on the driving towers these days!

I am glad you like your Lynx. You can contact me at [email protected] if you ever need any help.

-Carl

Hi Carl

We start racing around March. We have a few fun runs in between now and then to get all the winter projects dial in. I hope to get a little more rpms out of her. I want to bend on the prop a little differently this next time out. I might even try that new pipe of Mark Hoppers. I should be able to steal it off the back of JD's tunnel while he is not looking and give it a go. Sssssshhh, don't tell Dunny. :lol:

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to point out that the second place boat last year, a long way behind Greg since it didn't run the full season, was a Leecraft XTR-21.

Lohring Miller

Back