Needle settings for cmb .21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm

Thats a hard question to amswer. The bottmom end needle on my engines is set at 3 1/2 turns out but the top end will vary dependinf on fuel type, pipe and prop so no one can give you the corect setting there. Unless you have a flow meter it needs to be tuned by ear and the plug.

If the botton end needle is not set then you will have all sorts of top end mixture trouble like I had. Once the bottom was set the top end came on tune easily.

I hope it helps

Dave

RIGGERMORTISE said:
Hmm Thats a hard question to amswer. The bottmom end needle on my engines is set at 3 1/2 turns out but the top end will vary dependinf on fuel type, pipe and prop so no one can give you the corect setting there. Unless you have a flow meter it needs to be tuned by ear and the plug.

If the botton end needle is not set then you will have all sorts of top end mixture trouble like I had. Once the bottom was set the top end came on tune easily.

I hope it helps

Dave

76787[/snapback]

The top end needle is the knob on the side that is knurled right?

The knurled screw on the side is the bottom end mixture. The top end is as supplied from CMB as a remote needle that is fitted into the fuel line.

I can post a picture if required.

I am running 50% on a stock engine straight out of the box.

email [email protected] if you need ant further info

Regards

Dave

PS make sure you loctite the rear cover screws or even check they are ther or you may smash a piston like i did the weekend. :(

Back