Cheap Servo from Amazon

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watercadet

ANNIMOS 25KG Digital Servo Full Metal Gear High Torque Waterproof for RC Car Crawler Robot Control Angle 270° https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GK1G5FV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_cZbBCbQS56KP5

Has anyone tried one of these? The specs and features all look like it would make a decent servo for us. I don’t know how to convert the torque rating of 25kg to something I recognize and can compare with, say a hs 645mg for example.  The price is hard to look past for a “waterproof”    servo. The reviews all look good as well. I’m in the market for a steering servo for a G-1 mono but don’t want to break the bank. 

25 kg is 881 oz.

When I look at the value of a boat, and the time I have invested and building a tuning it, the servo seems like the worst possible place to save money when a servo failure can result in the loss of the boat.

Actually, 25kg/cm is the same as 347.18 Oz/in. 

Ive used them plenty of times in boats and cars without issues. All servos can and will fail. 

Are they top of the line, highest quality servo? No, not even close. but they work well for the price. 

25 kg is 881 oz.

When I look at the value of a boat, and the time I have invested and building a tuning it, the servo seems like the worst possible place to save money when a servo failure can result in the loss of the boat.
I would think those people who put spektrum or flysky radios in their boats are the ones taking bigger risks :)

I have a sky Fly for channel in my boats fs it 4 s

I will say this though if you choose that radio get you at least two extra batteries for race day

Yes that's day not weekend of racing mark

Actually, 25kg/cm is the same as 347.18 Oz/in. 

Ive used them plenty of times in boats and cars without issues. All servos can and will fail. 

Are they top of the line, highest quality servo? No, not even close. but they work well for the price. 
Just what I was looking for. Thanks!

As far as the flysky comment....

I have been using flysky on very expensive airplanes for some time...and yes the flysky doesn't have all the  bells and whistles as the "other" radios have, I will agree...but never had any issues with the radio...I too have the flysky FS it4s with all the telemetry and stuff ....I just didnt spend all the $$$....I spent that I'm servos...hey Mark...I also got the extra battery.....

I have three extra ones I got a total of 4 to get me through the day and still have to be careful that I keep my radio off as much as possible mark

I have three extra ones I got a total of 4 to get me through the day and still have to be careful that I keep my radio off as much as possible mark
What do you mean by this? It’s battery hungry? I use liFe packs that will easily last for two race weekends. 

I dont have battery issues with the transmitter....my issue is the dry cells I use for the reciever....4 AA cells =6 volts reciever is rated to 6.5 volts...I do use a fair amount of those....I change them like diapers on a baby....just for safety reasons of course..I think I have a battery fobia..I never lost a signal...and  never want to...so batteries are cheaper than planes..boats or rc cars

I used 1200 milliamp batteries what's the biggest battery you can get for that radio and I need four of them to get through the day mark

Mark...

Here is a thought...the USB cable that came with the radio....keep it in your car and plug your radio up after each use or to another power source with a usb outlet...

Robert you're a genius I never even thought about doing that I have extra batteries and goes low I plug it in to charge and put a new one in the radio I never thought about just keeping the radio charged all the time thank you it's always good to have a second brain I had a hitec radio that I only had to charge about once or twice this season so the sky Flyers a real challenge for me thank you Mark

with as much as these boats cost (in time and money) cheaping out on the things which control them is foolish. 

with as much as these boats cost (in time and money) cheaping out on the things which control them is foolish. 
Not helpful and precisely the reason I phrased my question the way I did. It sounds like you don’t have any experience with this servo, so kindly hold your opinion.

While I agree that skimping on something which can cause an issue is foolish, I see zero point in spending money on something just because it’s expensive. If something cheap works, why not use it? I can find the exact same NGK spark plug at o Riley’s for $2.50 which costs $4+ elsewhere under a different part number. The number stamped on the ceramic is the same on both. 

As far as the flysky comment....

I have been using flysky on very expensive airplanes for some time...and yes the flysky doesn't have all the  bells and whistles as the "other" radios have, I will agree...but never had any issues with the radio...I too have the flysky FS it4s with all the telemetry and stuff ....I just didnt spend all the $$$....I spent that I'm servos...hey Mark...I also got the extra battery.....
boats are different than planes or cars...water causes issues with range, let alone carbon/glass hulls/parts.

Anyway, each to their own...I know some very fast guys who are cheap skates on servos...but it works for them lol

I hear corona servos are very good value for money!

Been using a digital solar servo in 45 rigger. Best $23 I have spent. I had a boating accident where the rudder was pushed all the way to one side the boat did a barrel roll. That servo is still working and didnt need anything just positioned the rudder back to center and went on to the next heat.  I have had many servos I spent alot more money fail just turning the radio on. Durability, centering and power. I have no doubt if you looked inside there is probably only a few places making servos

Last edited by a moderator:
Servo has now served flawlessly for two race weekends. That’s 7 heats and two open water test sessions. I charged the receiver battery after the second race weekend and the liFe battery pack accepted 750 milliamps after all the use. Money well spent for me. 

Hey Adam, Glad to see you running Boats again!! I hope you and your family are doing well, and please say Hi to your Dad for me. I read an article  a few years ago that he finally retired after 39 years.. He is truly a San Diego News Legend....  

Latest posts

Back