New Hellion 20 Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Britton

This boat is the final design of the wood HellRaiser 20 tunnel that was raced by myself and Otto in the Winter Nitro Championships race in January. It will be available in glass only and will be called Hellion. The boat is 29 3/4 in length and 11 1/4 wide.

The top deck plug is just about ready for molding. I know a lot of people may give me grief for putting the nose on the top deck and say I'm trying to copy the Lynx, but it really came down to getting rid of the lower nose piece in the front of the cowl which is something I've wanted to do for a long time. Those have been a bane for me since I started making boats and never liked them.

Carl nailed it when he put it in his designs. Doing it this way incorporates the nose piece into the the bottom deck making the entire process easier, with less parts to make and work to do. It really is the smartest way to go.

Bottom deck plug is not quite as far along but should be finished within a few weeks. These should be available in a few months. 

There will also be a number of them being raced in the coming SOWEGA Southern Outboard Championships in Georgia in May.

Bill

20190210_123452.jpg

20190210_130647.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back