Identifying a couple carbs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v8corvair

Hello
I've been away from r/c boats since the mid 90's due to family. I just received a bunch of nitro boats from a fellow boater that Decided to quit boats.  Eight boats total. Been going thru some of the stuff and found these carbs. They have changeable  throat inserts.  Anyone know what they are.

Thanks Randy

rcboatcarbs1.jpg

rcboatcarbs2.jpg

Is that the neck going in carb mount or through the throat for fuel & air flow ?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Randy,

Welcome back to this great hobby.

Carl made a lot of 45 carbs which are what you have there I believe.

The Jet Ring is interchangeable, which was a really cool idea that Carl had.

Enjoy Testing,

Mark Sholund

yes, those are Carl Brey (Cee Bee Marine) "Jet Ring" RC carb's. Very unique cool carb design. I have a few of his Jet Ring venturi's, also exhaust throttle's. He did beautiful work

CeeBeeMarine_JetRingVenturi's_PiccoP67_02.jpg

CeeBeeMarine_JetRingVenturi's_PiccoP67_01.jpg

CeeBeeMarine_JetRing,Carb_Rossi-.65,.80MarineDV_07.jpg

CeeBeeMarine_JetRing,Carb_Rossi-.65,.80MarineDV_08.jpg

Yes I know them well, thee carbs were made Carll brie, mini years ago, he made them in sizes .21,.45. and the ones U have are I believe 1/2 inch openings.

dick jones

good luck, they have several fuel spray openings, in the throat of the carbs, to much fuel entered the crank are when U tried to throttle up, and the engine would take longer to go to higher speed.

JM2CW

dick jones

Back