CMB fat belly pipes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Hughes

Vendor
Question - Is there a 67 and a 80 version of these? If so, then what is the size difference. I have a couple that I want to give a try on a 67 hydro with MAC 67. Looking from the volume, I would assume you guys were running these kind of on the short side. Looking for a ball park set up on these please. Was running a 67 parabolic with an H38 at 11". Things a rocket when its on. Would like to go with something a little more forgiving. Its spent more time off lately. Looking for a change to the better.

Mike  

I believe the same pipe applies to the 11cc/13cc CMB HR's... the one I got from Stu

was the high volume...same with the muffled version, which we've also heard might make

a tick more power. Here's photo and P/N (Stu's list) for reference.

P/N- C30011- CMB .67/.80 Nitro Marine Tuned Pipe (Large Volume)

6780 large 2.jpg

Hope that helps.

Thats looks like the ones I have. Size wise. They are the old school black pipes. Really light. 

Fat belly pipes are 67/80 pipes. Theybrun good at 11 1/4”. They have a small stinger and can be a problem for large spray bars. A great pipe when all is right. 

Wells looks like its very similiar to the parabolic setup then. Switching like for like. Mmmmmmm MACs have large bore spray bars. i will give it a try and see how it goes.

Mike

Thy will over rev good on the top end no need to run them short. 

If you try to run it  short it will not rev more just lose bottom end.

That is what makes it seam peaky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question - Is there a 67 and a 80 version of these? If so, then what is the size difference. I have a couple that I want to give a try on a 67 hydro with MAC 67. Looking from the volume, I would assume you guys were running these kind of on the short side. Looking for a ball park set up on these please. Was running a 67 parabolic with an H38 at 11". Things a rocket when its on. Would like to go with something a little more forgiving. Its spent more time off lately. Looking for a change to the better.

Mike  
I use to run the parabolic shorter than that on a Mac 67 with no problems,  I’m running that pipe shorter on a HR now also.  If your running the .550” bore carb you want to try the .510”. As far as trying different pipes, you may want to try the Mac 11 cc for more forgiving.  Is your piston/sleeve fit still good ?  Jeff Lutz 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah piston fit still good. It only get run a couple of time a year. It does have the .550. I can shim that down. Im going to put on the AB/CMB 67 muffled pipe as a choice to try next outing. I will give the 11cc mac a go a well.

Back