Waterproofing servo lead extension connectors?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jken1995

I am using waterproof servos in my Thunderboat and have to use a servo lead extension to get to the radio box. What is the best way to waterproof the exposed connectors? I appreciate any help.

Thanks

Jeff

I shrink a piece of heat shrink tubing around the plugged together connectors and then put a dab of RTV on the place where the wire comes out of the heat shrink.

I use the shrink tubing also. I fill it with clear silicone so the connector is fully coated, then shrink the wrap and wipe away the excess wet silicone. It’s easy to cut and peel it apart in the future if you need to unplug the connection by using a blade 

Been using Corrosion X in my electric boats for 20 years. Spray it on receivers, servo ends and esc.  Trick is to spray it on and let it dry. It also reverse rust and prevents it. For receivers I cote them completely and let dry. This will protect you if they get wet while your running your boat. Very good stuff.

Thanks for all the tips. I was a little nervous having the connection outside the box but feel much better knowing you guys have had success with your ideas.

Jeff

My preference has also been to replace the lead with a longer one and solder it in place.  The best way to deal with failure points is to eliminate them.

Latest posts

Back