New K&B outboards?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wished they had not pointed the exhaust outlet toward the poor guy cranking and launching it but after looking through the info on the site it looks like the exhaust comes in single or dual options. Maybe they will point the outlet the other direction soon. I am surprised that they chose this size power head to reenter the outboard scene but I am glad to see them finally put something back on the shelf. It looks as if some of the older parts are now available too. There are a lot of people that want to see K&B establish a foot hold back into building outboards again.

-Carl

K n B 1 INCH.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I would bet it was decided by what parts they could cobble together from the stuff on the shelf. Muffler from airplane version of 1.0 engine. 

I have never owned one but I have seen some 1.0 engines run and they will turn just about any prop that will fit under the cavitation plate. It will take a fairly large tunnel boat to handle that engine. I would think at least a 37-38 inch long hull and as long as it is driving a 3/16 diameter cable I would NOT try to put a pipe on it. It would destroy every cable you put in it on the first lap. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never owned one but I have seen some 1.0 engines run and they will turn just about any prop that will fit under the cavitation plate. It will take a fairly large tunnel boat to handle that engine. I would think at least a 37-38 inch long hull and as long as it is driving a 3/16 diameter cable I would NOT try to put a pipe on it. It would destroy every cable you put in it on the first lap. 
Can"t twist a cable if you can't put a big enough wheel on it. We didn't have problems with 3/16 cables on 67 scale boats until we started to run around 57/60mm props. I don't think a 52mm prop will be able to overload a 3/16 cable. Even a V955 cut to 52mm.

I've got one on order

You're probably right Carl,  I know they used to put the 13cc Outboard on the MRP 1/4 scale tunnel (48" long) back in the day

We're going to try one on the back of one of our Gas Tunnels. 

Latest posts

Back