NAMBA DIST 8 RACING

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisCohea

So been away from boating for many years and wan to dust off some old boats and motors

I see a few familiar names on here that I used to run with years ago..Jerry Dunlap and Mike Hughes 

I have one of the first MAC .21 o/b  powerheads still fresh and bolted to a old Geraghty design o/b hydro that been a shelf queen for 10+ years now, it's what made me love racing that class back in the days.

Are parts still around or would I be setting myself up for failure by running it/breaking. Want to try a JAE Zippkits o/b, I read in some other post someone was selling these pre-built.This guy still around? would like to contact him.

Hi Chris,

My name is Jim Mamaril and I am the district 8 director. We would love to see you come out to the races again, our next fun-run is on Feb 23rd. We have not run A O/B hydro too often but we do have the A Hydro class you could run your boat in or maybe Mike H. will bring his O/B out to run with you. The JAE is a good boat, I have not run the O/B version but I have two inboards and they are fun to run. The .12 JAE is a really fun and competitive class and is fairly inexpensive to get into, you might take a look at them. Hope to see you at the races and if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me.

Jim 

You would really like the JAE Outboard hydro...... It is very fast and easy to set up and run....just follow the directions in the manual....

The MAC 21 Outboard with good maintenance will last you many years of trouble free running...

Run a good fuel with good oil and the motor should be virtually bulletproof......run it box stock on the JAE and it will be fast and very competitive.....

Bearings are a snap and O.S. Rocket Racing can pinch the sleeve many times over when needed for $22.00.....  http://www.osrocketracing.com/

MAC .21 parts are still obtainable through International waters ......

Mike Walker builds a great JAE boat at a "very" reasonable price ...... 

1-812-376-7467           [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris, 

I think thats Franks old boat you bought. The wood one. Bring it out. Thats a runner right there. Im fixing my 21 hydro atm. Broke it at IMPBA nats last year. You can run with Jim and I with our 12 hydros. Should be an even match there. 

Rod,

He has one of your old boats. I think Frank got it from DAve Solway and you might have built it for Dave. But it has been years. That was mid 90's ish. Too much fog in the head. LOL

Chris, 

I think thats Franks old boat you bought. The wood one. Bring it out. Thats a runner right there. Im fixing my 21 hydro atm. Broke it at IMPBA nats last year. You can run with Jim and I with our 12 hydros. Should be an even match there. 

Rod,

He has one of your old boats. I think Frank got it from DAve Solway and you might have built it for Dave. But it has been years. That was mid 90's ish. Too much fog in the head. LOL
As I recall I only built one 3.5 outboard hydro.....it was natural wood  with a 3.5 K&B.......I sold the boat to Randy Doucett....he might have sold it to Solway and then on to Frank Crockett.....  That boat won a ton of races and I believe a couple of National Championships.....   It was /is a good boat....I think the JAE  is a bit better boat......

Actually Solway never owned it. Randy sold it to Crockett. Solway barrowed it for the Nats in L.A., Frank told us to do anything we wanted to it but bring it back the way it was. We aligned everything and Dave won the Nats. when I had a cable problem in the last round. Then we put it back the way it was. Completely out of alignment just like Frank requested.

Actually Solway never owned it. Randy sold it to Crockett. Solway barrowed it for the Nats in L.A., Frank told us to do anything we wanted to it but bring it back the way it was. We aligned everything and Dave won the Nats. when I had a cable problem in the last round. Then we put it back the way it was. Completely out of alignment just like Frank requested.
:lol: :lol:  As I recall that was a very pretty boat....all K&B clear with some black accents....I used to like K&B clear because it would yellow a bit and really bring out the grain in the wood.....The boat was very fast .....ran like a cat crappin' jalapenos.....  Now, thinking about it, I recall it was Auguston that told me that Crockett had the boat and it had won a Nats in Solways hands....That's how Solways name got into my memory mix.... I was happy to hear that it won a Nats because that boat had to have  beat Hazlewood  , Monohan & probably Dassonville to get there....There were usually only about 5 or 6 outboard "riggers" at the nats but they were all blister fast and would really put on a show..... TRIVIA.... That class is why Dassonville machined up the titanium rods for the K&B 3.5..... With the speed needle , throttle exhaust , and crankcase pressure those motors would rpm through the roof....They really liked to break cables  and when they did they would kill the stock rod before you could get out of the throttle.....hahaha.....   ah , memories....I would love to see a photo of the boat.....

Yeah that motor combo is awesome. I still have mine. It just got a nice paint job this last summer. I won 3 nats with that boat. Cant be beat by a piped boat. 

GetFileAttachment

Here's a picture of that boat Rod...any history on this old girl would be great.

I know I've won my share of races with it.. Favorite boat I own.

I too am making a return to RC boat racing  after a 30 + year vacation. Stopped by a race at Twin lakes last 2018 season and the bug hit me HARD.  Frantically try to get 4 build's finished for the start of the 2019 season as of now the only 2 boats are RTR is the 20 stock tunnel & sport 20 hydro

I too am making a return to RC boat racing  after a 30 + year vacation. Stopped by a race at Twin lakes last 2018 season and the bug hit me HARD.  Frantically try to get 4 build's finished for the start of the 2019 season as of now the only 2 boats are RTR is the 20 stock tunnel & sport 20 hydro
Which race were you at?  There was a gentleman and his son at showed up at our last Twin Lakes race, mid September, that I spent some time talking to, after I had to pull my boat out of competition for the day.  I'm just wondering if that was you or not

Which race were you at?  There was a gentleman and his son at showed up at our last Twin Lakes race, mid September, that I spent some time talking to, after I had to pull my boat out of competition for the day.  I'm just wondering if that was you or not
Not me with a kid  but spent some talking with several guys.  I think it has in September 16th or the 29th or both also  made a RCU & UNW events

Back