Setting timing on a CMB alpha 27

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxyflash

Using a dial indicator set tdc to zero then the letter says to set timing to 1.2 to 1.5 line on rotor lines up with line on stator.I set it to .130 lining up the marks is this correct

The lines on the flywheel and ignition should line up when the piston is 1.2mm - 1.3mm BEFORE TOP DEAD CENTER. 

Buckshot is right on setting.   CMB makes a dial indicator that screws into plug hole for doing this.  Makes it much easier for measuring proper setting.  I have these in stock.  However, I am going to be gone for 10 to 12 days.

Stu

Buckshot is right on setting.   CMB makes a dial indicator that screws into plug hole for doing this.  Makes it much easier for measuring proper setting.  I have these in stock.  However, I am going to be gone for 10 to 12 days.

Stu
Bring me one of the dial indicators please.

It's easy to make an indicator holder from an old plug.  Cut out the insulator and turn a press fit piece with a hole for the indicator.  Add a screw for retention.

Lohring Miller

Timing measurement.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Stu I was thinking .060 using the fraction scale what do you recommend I have the indicator that was bought with the motors

The indicator is a metric unit so I wasn’t paying attention.I set it to 1.2 mm should be good now thanks for the help

Latest posts

Back