Prestwich Model Boats, Tornado T7 Mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Bryant

Supporting Member
Hello

Have been looking into the Tornado T7 47" mono, produced by Prestwich Model Boats in the UK.: http://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/fsrvTORNADOT7.htm

I'm curious if these type of stepped hull design are NAMBA legal?

This style of mono hull is very popular in Europe. Phil Fields races a Tornado 47 (which is his boat pictured). The build quality of these hulls are very good- vacuumed epoxy-glass.

Prestwich_Tornado_T7-47inMono_02.jpg

Prestwich_Tornado_T7-47inMono_03.jpg

Prestwich_Tornado_T7-47inMono_01.jpg

This has come up in the past and the person had to run his stepped mono with the hydros. That particular boat was a nitro twin but I’m pretty sure you could not run it in mono. I wonder if it could be run in an open offshore class?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has come up in the past and the person had to run his stepped mono with the hydros. That particular boat was a nitro twin but I’m pretty sure you could not run it in mono. I wonder if it could be run in an open offshore class?
Thanks. Yeah, I thought I remember these hull-types were not NAMBA legal. Actually they are exclusively used for offshore endurance class in Europe

That`s correct, they are used only for Endurance. They are running counter clockwise on an M shaped course. Also they do not meet the offshore rules as they have submerged propulsion. 

Back