.21 outboad Whats the best servo to suit.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BullDogRacing

GdaY Guys
So Im building 3x little stock OS tunnels, and after some advice on what servos are giving the best results and are hassle free.  I do prefer Futaba, Savox due to the 25 Spline.
I have got 3x Futaba S9351 servos I was thinking of using on the Steering, Or I Also have here new Savox SC1251 as an alternative whats your thoughts there???.

Im needing some input when it come to the throttle and Mixture, whats your thoughts as I still need to buy these asap.
Im using Futaba receivers, what ever it is that came standard with the 4px as I've been told some servos have issues with Futaba.
Im thinking a micro or mini servo, But nut sure whats  a good servo in this size range.
Thanks Guys
Happy Boating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the hitec 6:45 in everything from my quarter scale offshore boats to my 21 tunnels so far I've had good luck with them and haven't had a whole lot of problems and the problems are normally my fault

The servos you have are not too bad. Having said this what I have found is that you want as much power in a tunnel boat steering servo as you can afford. Speed.. NO.. Power YES!

Super fast speeds are a hindrance to us and we just don’t need them (we don’t use electronic stabilization!)

My tunnels (Sport Tunnels) have 250 oz in OR MORE in them..

Also.. please consider closely the voltage you are going to operate the servos at. Don’t go outside the voltage callout for the servo.

MORE POWER!

Grim

Gday Guys
Thanks for the replies.
I have the steering covered with some good quality servos I have here,  
Its just the throttle and Mixture im thinking the Hitec D89mw. Has anyone used these of yet with Futaba gear, Any issues before I buy 6x of them. thanks Brad

Last edited by a moderator:
You definitely want metal gears and a plastic arm on the steering servo.  That way the servo arm spline is the fuse and you strip the spline when you flip the boat.  Replacing the arm is a lot less expensive than replacing the servo.

Lohring Miller

Latest posts

Back