Coyote

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. The motor weights as much as the boat, but then again it is the rite motor for a nostalgic rigger. If papa can't drive it it will be a back-up for Mark.

Happy New Year everyone!!

Brad

Very nice Brad !
Canadian Coyote [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is brand new off ebay. It was not completely finished. Still had to sheet sponsons and top of tub. The track has opened up and measures 24" at the top of the sponsons. I made the new cowl to hide the motor and new turn fin to get in the line with the CG.

Thanks for the comments

Brad

It is brand new off ebay. It was not completely finished. Still had to sheet sponsons and top of tub. The track has opened up and measures 24" at the top of the sponsons. I made the new cowl to hide the motor and new turn fin to get in the line with the CG.

Thanks for the comments

Brad
Thanks Brad. I mentioned sponson width (track) because I have an original .80-size Coyote (still in box), I was thinking about widening the foot-print. It is 41" OAL.  

I also centered the tub and no toe-in. With the booms I can also move it in if it doesn't wotk. Could you send me a coy of your instruction as I never had any?

Thanks

Brad

I also centered the tub and no toe-in. With the booms I can also move it in if it doesn't wotk. Could you send me a coy of your instruction as I never had any?

Thanks

Brad
I see. Yeah, I can kick myself, I lost my original diagram that Don Pinckert included with the brand-new kit. But I aquired a copy from Tom Driver a while back (the image is not the best quality).  Can you verify what your overall length (OAL) is on your hull (end-to-end)? I'm curious if it is equal to my hull. My Coyote is the "Long Wheelbase" version.

Coyote_SetupSheet_80_LongWheelBase_LowProfile_TomDriver.jpg

I see. Yeah, I can kick myself, I lost my original diagram that Don Pinckert included with the brand-new kit. But I aquired a copy from Tom Driver a while back (the image is not the best quality).  Can you verify what your overall length (OAL) is on your hull (end-to-end)? I'm curious if it is equal to my hull. My Coyote is the "Long Wheelbase" version.

View attachment 98502
How many of hold tank oz? 

Looks good!! Is that a Rossi 80 you have in it? I bought a bunch of Jim Wilson's 90 stuff from Dianne. I have enough Rossi  90 parts for my lifetime, Now just have to learn to drive better!! Do you have the cowl for it?

Brad

Looks good!! Is that a Rossi 80 you have in it? I bought a bunch of Jim Wilson's 90 stuff from Dianne. I have enough Rossi  90 parts for my lifetime, Now just have to learn to drive better!! Do you have the cowl for it?
yes, that is a Rossi R80 drum-valve, actually modded by Andy Brown back in like 1988, never run yet. Also Carl Brey (CeeBee Marine) Jet Ring Venturi w/exhaust throttle. I may switch to a regular RC carb later (but will experiment with exhaust throttle/venturi first). And yes, those Rossi R90's really run, worth setting-up.

I have the original cowl supplied in the kit (it is large and heavy polyester resin layup). I have my own design's to implement on this hull, I will complete in near future.

Oh, yes, here is also the set-up sheet for the Coyote 65 hull (it may be closer in size to your hull). Hope it helps (and that you can see dimensions)

Coyote_SetupSheet_65_LongWheelBase_LowProfile_TomDriver.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
David the tub is 35" long and overall it is 38 1/2" and sponson tip to drive dog is 42". I have a flat bottom extended strut on it.
Brad
This explains why our sponson tube measurements were different.
Yours turned out very nice.
I have the complete build instructions manual for these hulls if you need some information.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back