Possibly a new race???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JUSTINROGERS

Just testing the waters. Brandon model boaters here in Tampa Florida is trying to put on more races. But we have a limited weather window. Thinking about doing a turkey shootout. 2 day race open water on Friday the day after Thanksgiving and racing Saturday and Sunday. I know a lot are probably going to say ... What the day after Thanksgiving!!!! And I get that just throwing the idea around.

Who would show up?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Just testing the waters. Brandon model boaters here in Tampa Florida is trying to put on more races. But we have a limited weather window. Thinking about doing a turkey shootout. 2 day race open water on Friday the day after Thanksgiving and racing Saturday and Sunday. I know a lot are probably going to say ... What the day after Thanksgiving!!!! And I get that just throwing the idea around.

Thoughts?
Justin,

Years ago,,, back when Florida was IMPBA, there was a Naples club that had the last race of the year on that weekend.  It was a double points race. unfortunately I never made that race.

Those who did said it was always a good race.   Oh yeh, the lake was in a cow pasture,,,, and you had to watch out for Cow Patties 

The only problem that I might see is the Huntsville club holding record trials that weekend.

so those that want to time trial go to Huntsville and those who want to race go to Brandon, what's the big deal
Not to mention. Huntsville has TT in October too. So go to Huntsville in October and come to Brandon in November!

For what my worthless .02 is worth,  TT or races in Huntsville never bother attendance when past dates have conflicted for West Coast races in D3 . 

The weather is normally  good that time of year, and with enough advanced notice and a well promoted race , attendance should be decent. 

You guys have one of the best lakes around imho, and the right members to get it done should you do it.

Would this be a Dist race or a club race ? 

For what my worthless .02 is worth,  TT or races in Huntsville never bother attendance when past dates have conflicted for West Coast races in D3 . 

The weather is normally  good that time of year, and with enough advanced notice and a well promoted race , attendance should be decent. 

You guys have one of the best lakes around imho, and the right members to get it done should you do it.

Would this be a Dist race or a club race ? 
Thats why I'm trying to get the word out now and get things rolling. I too think we would have a good turn out. Look at our race in January and March. Both fantastic races. And not sure yet on club or dist. Possibly IMPBA

Keep us posted Justin , Heck by then I may even be able to knock the dust off a boat or two . 

Back