Paint Scheme For My Gas Boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeMischnick

Hi everyone,
I need some suggestions. I am at a complete loss for a paint scheme for my gas boat. The only difference in the cowling between the side that you see and the other side is there are no cutouts. Obviously I don't need to cut out for the tuned pipe and I'm not going to cut the slits in the front on the other side because that's where the carburetor is. The paint that I'm going to use you can see. It's fluorescent orange and fluorescent green. The boat is currently in primer. I'm thinking the bottom of the boat is going to be white. The deck and the sides I haven't a clue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I want to keep it simple and basic, any paint is coming from the spray can not an airbrush. By the way  I'm going to call  the boat  "The Fluorescent Bullet" By the way the boat is a modified Zipkits EZ Vee.
Thanks for your help guys.

Mke

20181212_202900.jpg

20181212_203350.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good!!  Maybe if you have it all white just use automotive grade vinayl and trim it out. That way when the fluorescent fades you can take it off and reapply.

Brad

Dont do rattle can - as suggested , find a local vinyl guy - just some basic trim colors will help - narrow from the bow to wider in the rear / on both sides ? a well placed logo or number ? 

The possibilities are ENDLESS with a plain white wrapper  :rolleyes:

EDIT - After re-looking at your original pic- its safe to assume you already did the white with rattle can ?? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Its done!. I love it. Thanks for everyone's suggestions. Now all I need is the Ice to melt or 3 weeks to Florida.

Mike

Screenshot_20181220-213624_Gallery.jpg

Mike, I have covers for all my boats .  Helps to keep them from fading and getting full of dust if it's windy. Boat looks great.

Back