Phil Thomas Stealth 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomGracey

Picked up  a couple of months ago.

A   Stealth 45, sport 40  hull with Bud style cowl and rear radio box. Really happy with the fit and finish out of the box. 1 thing I really like was the in-depth supplied basic setup manual and all the hardware locations were per-marked and engine mount doubler's and T nuts preinstalled by Phil

IMG_1579.JPG

5.jpg

Spent several days mocking up all the hardware and aligning  the strut, staff tube, rudder and turn fin.

IMG_1527.JPG

Finally all the mock-up is finished Time to break it down and prep for Body & Fender work ( not my favorite art of a build)

IMG_1558.JPG

Changed the fuel tank style from Phil's recommendation because it blocked air flow to the the carb.

IMG_1555.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good Tom,   You got one of those sullivan bt16 tanks fit up there?  You will have plenty fuel. 

i fit a Dubro 14 in my boat ok  the sullivan 14 is too long.

Walt Barney will make a nice Stainless tank for the boat too.

There will be afew Stealth racing next season,  looking forward to see them race. 

My boat was performing real well and was  easy to setup and adjust for racing conditions. 

Looks good Tom,   You got one of those sullivan bt16 tanks fit up there?  You will have plenty fuel. 

i fit a Dubro 14 in my boat ok  the sullivan 14 is too long.

There will be afew Stealth racing next season,  looking forward to see them race. 

My boat was performing real well and was  easy to setup and adjust for racing conditions. 
Just had to lightly warm up the front corners with a heat gun to form them to fit the tub then it dropped rite in won't run  the full 16 oz.IMG_1557.JPG

I see these newer boats have a different bottom on them,,, 

Tom, If you have time, could you show a picture with that 36" straight edge all of the way to the front.

Thanks
The bottom is pretty flat it rises about .5 inch at the nose.   The Stealth just has bit less area to lift and will dump air better, 

It will blow off if setup too loose but it responds to small strut adjustments.

2.jpg48384550_459407601255691_9221732888356061184_n.jpg

I've got a question for Phil:

Does the strut have to be transom mounted or can it be mounted through the bottom of the hull?

I'm not normally a fan of glass boats but I like the looks of this one.  Might get shot for asking but, then again, what the heck :ph34r:

I've got a question for Phil:

Does the strut have to be transom mounted or can it be mounted through the bottom of the hull?

I'm not normally a fan of glass boats but I like the looks of this one.  Might get shot for asking but, then again, what the heck :ph34r:
No it dont have to be on the transom. It works on the Stealth.    My Supersport45 did not like  transom mounted strut

I control engine temp by controlling the inlet/outlet  flow with  different size orifices.

got mine too a few days ago. some work to be done, but the instructions and tips are impeccable. 

image1 (3).jpeg

Thanks Jim,  the Bud turbine cowl was packed loose in the box and it may not fit tight to the hull. 

Here another tip If your turbine cowl is not fitting close to the hull you can run hot tap water over those  epoxy cowls and they will soften up, then tape it down till it cools.  This works best with the fresh new cowls  after  a time  the parts will cure more and will not  change. 

The Grim racer cowl latches from tower hobby have been discontinued,  really liked those latches.   i have found that the small hatch latches from  Zipp mfg will be a good replacement.

just to be clear, the "work to be done" is building the boat :) no issues at all with fit, everything arrived in great shape.

Back