• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

RON BUCK OUTDRIVES

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Seebold

His outdrives have been unavailable for a long time. I need one for a twin I’m starting on. Anybody have one for sale?

Just kidding. 

I make the drives Ron sells but I’ve been so damned sick with cardiac issues this year that I haven’t even turned the machine on. 

I have had 2 heart attacks this year and I was almost on my death bed, then on October 2nd,  I got a new 3 lead pacemaker with a defibrillator implanted and now, I feel better every day. 

I have material in the shop all cut up to start making 100 new drives. 

The name of my business is “MID DAY MACHINING” because I seldom start work before 11:00 AM and I’m finished between 3:00 and 4:00 PM. 

I’m thinking it’s going to take me a total of about 45 minutes to an hour per drive to complete one so I’m looking at 4 to 5 weeks to get 100 units done. 

If I had a more powerful machine I could do them faster, but as my dad used to say, “IF A BULLFROG HAD WINGS IT WOULD’T BUMP ITS ASS WHEN IT JUMPED”.

I’ll do the best I can without killing myself. 

The first ones will be for gas monos. 

I need to get a gas tunnel so I can get an idea of what a drive for those should look like. 

If I do end up making something “similar” to the Insane drive, I don’t think it will be anywhere even close to the $500.00 they charge. 

When I get the drives done, I want to start on some running gear for hydros, riggers Jersey Skiffs and cats. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back