Cooper pipe dual stingers Nitro or Gas????

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronnie Lerew

So I have a Cooper pipe dual stingers and it has a 7/8 opening could it also be used with a gas Zeonah 26. You don't know until you ask. 

Ron

Probably not a good idea if you are going to couple it to the header like a nitro pipe. The much higher exhaust temp of a gasoline engine combined with the vibration would likely cause the aluminum to fail. Been there done that. The newer large Novarossi pipes modeled after the .80 and .91 sized MACs pipes have a disclaimer regarding the warranty due to that issue.

If one was really intent on trying the pipe though it may be worth a shot to weld an older style gas pipe coupler (the water cooled double o-ring style which slid over the header) onto the inlet side of the pipe.

Just a thought.

It's the same pipe but doesn't have the cooling coupler welded on. LH7018 pretty much told me what I was looking for.

Ron

It's not unusual to use aluminum pipes on gas boats, Bruce Lykins at Gizmo Motors still sells a lot of them as well as others. I have one of those pipes with the single outlet and have run it before on my gas Cat. It is quiet! I personally prefer the sound of a steel pipe over the aluminum ones though.

So I have a Cooper pipe dual stingers and it has a 7/8 opening could it also be used with a gas Zeonah 26. You don't know until you ask. 

Ron

It's the same pipe but doesn't have the cooling coupler welded on. LH7018 pretty much told me what I was looking for.

Ron

Ron
Ronnie, The ( pipe dimensions) on the nitro pipe, that I designed, are totally different than the Gas pipe I designed. The gas pipe has a top RPM, around 21.000 RPM, where as the nitro pipe because of the nitro we use is around 30,000 RPM. JUST my @cents worth!!!!

dick jones 

Dick,

Thanks for the info. I have the nitro version of the above pipe and have no motor to use it on. I just had to ask the question.

Ron

Back