JAE 21 GT vs G2 Front Sponsons

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobBonahoom

Has anyone done a test to compare a JAE 21 with GT front sponsons to the same boat with G2 fronts?  I could be wrong, but it seems like the older G2s launched better. 

I have an older JAE kit from years ago (not sure if it's a G1 or G2) that never got built and I compared those sponsons to the GT kit I just built and the older sponsons have a much higher AOA than the GT.

Guess I'll have to build another set of sponsons for a boat I haven't even ran yet. 

I have an older JAE kit from years ago (not sure if it's a G1 or G2) that never got built and I compared those sponsons to the GT kit I just built and the older sponsons have a much higher AOA than the GT.

Guess I'll have to build another set of sponsons for a boat I haven't even ran yet. 
I would.

So what the hell is the AOA supposed to be? 

Still not comfortable with non-ajustable front sponsons on an outrigger, especially a .21 with no excess power to overcome wrong angles. 

Still not comfortable with non-ajustable front sponsons on an outrigger, especially a .21 with no excess power to overcome wrong angles. 
Buckshot....call me    Rod Geraghty       1-715-926-6096   or   1-715-495-5025  [cell]    

Mine are adjustable. Still have not got the same performance from the GT as the non GT

we were talking about this at the Club meeting the other night.. 

NO ADJUSTMENTS.. I think its brilliant.

Grim

Here are my sponsons. I’m told they are current and correct set as well as the tub with the angled motor mount. 

153FBB72-D494-4724-AA19-CF3AFD3383EA.jpeg

Okay maybe this will help for all to see. This is a picture of the first GT 21 sponsons that Zip Kit released which have the launch problem. Look at Buckshot's picture and then mine and note the front of the sponson in relationship to the boom tube. The approach angle on Buckshot's is much less than on mine. This issue was discovered at the last Huntsville internats, I wont mention any names. Hope this helps. If you have these sponsons like mine you need to correct them. The ones Zipp Kits sells are now correct. 

DSC_0456.JPG

DSC_0457.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats funny because on January 10th last year I sent joe an email with a video showing my newly built gt running trying to tell him something was wrong and the boat was running really wet he just said and I quote (

Justin,

The boat looks like it is fine.

You need a smaller prop, longer pipe or more fuel.

Thank You,

Joe Petro) 

then when Larry, tom and I went to Huntsville there was 3 to 4 others having the same problem ( I'm not going to mention name) 

I like how I'm sold a kit with a problem and I'm treated like a nobody that knows nothing when I question it.

love the boats as I just built a 40 but not the customer service so much

Back