CAN AM 2019

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samuel Hagan JR

So me and my family have decided to make the 9 hour trip to come race in Canada after Matt Smith talked me into it. I know it's early but we would like to get this planned ahead. Any idea on a race date for this?

I believe its August 24th & 25th. It's in the roostertail under the District 1 write ups.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So me and my family have decided to make the 9 hour trip to come race in Canada after Matt Smith talked me into it. I know it's early but we would like to get this planned ahead. Any idea on a race date for this?
Matt Schofield is correct. The CAN-AM for 2019 will be on Aug 24/25. Glad you and the family will be coming. You will not be disappointed.

Gonna see if we can drag some more up there with us. Maybe get enough Sport 40's to sign up for a class?

Is there anything besides a passport we need to cross the border. Do we need to label the fuel. We have no plate for our trailer. It's not required in KY.

Sam

It’s easy to get into Canada, hard to get back in the States!  Seriously, you may want to make a list ahead of time, if you do get pulled out to be checked on your way in you’ll need to declare what you’re taking in an it needs to match what you’re returning with if you get pulled out on your return. It saves time at the boarder. The folks at customs are straight shooters so don’t go joking around. I found the experience to be no problem. I crossed 2 times a week for work for a number of years. From what I’ve heard the race is well worth it . It’s on my list for next year, all depends on how smooth our move from northern Michigan back downstate goes.

Thanks John 

Is there anything besides a passport we need to cross the border. Do we need to label the fuel. We have no plate for our trailer. It's not required in KY.
Bring the registration with you or paperwork that shows ownership of the trailer. They have asked in the past to look in our trailer. We hand them the keys and they check it out. They look in say "pretty cool" and your on your way. They will ask you where are your going? For how long? Where are you staying? Basic questions. Like John said just be polite and answer the questions and you will have no problem. We always say we hope to return with everything we brought. If not it wasn't a fun weekend. It's a great race. Well worth the trip.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks. I got the passport forms Saturday and I think we are going to wait until Jan to go get our pictures and send in the forms.

I got 4 of us coming. Unless something major happens we will be there. Hopefully we can get some Sport 40 and Sport 20 signed up. I didn't see any last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
We usually print out a flyer for the race and hand it to the border guard. It explains what, when, where...ect. Roll down your windows (if they are tinted), and take off your sunglasses so they can see who is in the car. Like John says, they are straight shooters, so no kidding around. It usually takes less than a minute.

With the government shutdown we have to wait to get our passports. Hopefully it get resolved soon so we can get the process going and get our passports in time.

I was stopped entering and returning from London Ontario, Northern Nats.  Here are the questions asked of me:

Where were you?

Did you buy anything?

How much are your boats worth?  Give them a low ball number or they will ask you to pay a 10% holding fee.

Know your plate number?

any alcohol or tobacco?

Dean

Back