.46 props

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Jones

I've been away for a while, but good to see the forum still kickin'. Last time I ran my NR .46 was with a lynx-cut 1450. Is there anything new out these days?

It's a Vision hull, for now.

Cheers to all my friends!

-Joey

You got to run quiet pipes or a silencer now. But I still like that 1450 prop

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Joey,

Some are doing rather well with the ABC 1914-17-45%

I do quite a few outboard propellers, but not always a lot of feedback

from our customers?

Happy Holidays,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
You got to run quiet pipes or a silencer now. But I still like that 1450 prop

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hey Alan, long time no see. Thanks for the response, I need to get up with you on a few things. I'll shoot you a PM or an email soon.  Anyway, I wasn't aware of the more strict sound requirements. I should have looked into that more seriously a few years ago. Ill need to address that soonish, I reckon. 

The 1450 was the only prop that I ran on my D boat. Minus whatever it was that Carl let me borrow at the last HSV race I ran in.

Joey,

Some are doing rather well with the ABC 1914-17-45%

I do quite a few outboard propellers, but not always a lot of feedback

from our customers?

Happy Holidays,

Mark Sholund

My 1450 came from you and ran well it seemed. I folded it up on a poor launch in shallow water. Haven't heard about the 1914, I will look into that as well. I may be sending an order or two you way in a while. Thanks for the info!

-Joey

On the Thor 7.5 Nova Rossi with a 18-14 prop..I built a club member boat and set it up and it's very fast.

Dave.

Joey,

I think that was a 450 I gave you in Huntsville. Maybe you can check to see if the marking on the hub are legible. 

-Carl

Ok, good to note. I think that I liked the way that ran. However, I mailed it back to you the following week B)

On the Thor 7.5 Nova Rossi with a 18-14 prop..I built a club member boat and set it up and it's very fast.

Dave.

Thanks for the data-point, Dave. I'll make sure to do some research on that too.

-Joey

I have seen some 1450's run well on the Vision. That said I like the ABC's and X series better. The 1/4 mile record was with a cut down X448 and the 1/3rd mile we ran the 1915 ABC. We have not had great success with the 1915 heat racing. If I could have only one prop it would be an X547.  Then an 1815 for heats. Run deeper with less diameter and finish. JMO

Mic

Last edited by a moderator:
All good data-points, Thanks Mic and Brian.  Much appreciated. I've got a lot of reading to do!

-Joey

on my hulls with the Nova46, the 19-15 prop Brian is talking about was awesome...I found it really pushed the nose in hard, bucked the rear and handled like crap...but once at a good speed (over about 100KPH/65mph) it was great

Mind you, that was for SAW records with prop a little deeper and slight more angle than an oval setup.

hope this adds help :)

Back