.18 os tz air cooled engine pipe advise

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenLilly

Been using a .12 pro-boat pipe (similar to macs 1110 (.12-.15) in my Jae 12g4 rigger with OS .18 tz power. Is it hurting performance to be for a slightly smaller engine? Interested in a macs pipe 1323 or 1324 for .18-.24 engines if I can find one. When they say lo nitro or high nitro pipe, what’s the difference and I’m assuming 25% is consider lo nitro?

Stephen,

I have plenty of pipes if you want to test some?

In my testing there is no better way than to just go out and see how well

they work on your set up. You should get better fuel if you want better performance.

Let Me Know Please?

Mark Sholund

Thanks Mark, I will let you know. I will be getting another prop from you at some point I’m sure, maybe just ship a pipe with that then. What do you have that you think might work well and how much money would you be asking?

Oh ok, bet that stuff is expensive! I’m just a recreational boater, been getting some good speeds with the 25% torco aero, I’m sure it would scream with high nitro. I’ll consider getting some, thanks.

With 25% you will not make much power with that small eng. You will never realize any difference in a pipe till you steep up the nitro content.

Get some 65%. Those small eng love nitro. It will be a whole different world if  you do.

A gallon will last a long time with a .12 eng. 

Spend the $$ on the fuel not a different pipe you will be much happier with the results for the same $$ spent.

Latest posts

Back