New Fiberglass Leecraft Sport 20 hulls available soon!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonShaw

Vendor
New ARTR Sport 20 coming soon!!! I have purchased the molds and will be re-releasing the record setting LeeCraft Sport 20. It is a fiberglass and gelcoated Sport 20. I used to watch Tommy whip up on the rigger guys with this hull many years ago. This class is ready for a fiberglass/gel coated race proven hull that will limit the time from receipt to RTR, from weeks to days. See pics below of one I purchased many years ago that was built by Tommy. I now have the molds and will have them in stock in a couple of weeks. I will carry them in two colors, all white and red top, white bottom. I will work out the hardware needs and have all of the items needed in stock to build at some point in the future as well. Stay tuned. Send an email to [email protected] for more extensive details. Thanks. 

162E0406-F920-4F6C-8164-55E4E46524D3.jpeg

4A2F72BA-E0CB-412D-A323-03F66B3C118F.jpeg

D5F45D46-49BF-4BD6-9CE0-E17EE3607749.jpeg

1549AC98-6C96-46C5-821B-246E8E50D51B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ron-OOPS! I think you have made a mistake. I have NEVER built a sport 20 hydro. I built a few sport 40's but not a sport 20. Nice looking boat though. Maybe you should try to find out who used my name on this boat. Also-I cannot help you with the "Leecraft-XT-460 decals. I do not have any of the old decals and I don't think I even have any pictures of them. Maybe someone out there has a picture that would help-sorry. I will look thru all my pics and see if I can find anything.  

I have a wood version of this boat and have had it for years.. I got it from Rod G.. the boat went on to become (for the most part) the AquaCraft UL-1.. 

Grim

By the way, these are molded off of Arno Birtts designed boat. Mike Hughes modified the plans and Alford built and laid them up and sold them under the LeeCraft name when he owned the rights and molds. 

Hi Ron-OOPS! I think you have made a mistake. I have NEVER built a sport 20 hydro. I built a few sport 40's but not a sport 20. Nice looking boat though. Maybe you should try to find out who used my name on this boat. Also-I cannot help you with the "Leecraft-XT-460 decals. I do not have any of the old decals and I don't think I even have any pictures of them. Maybe someone out there has a picture that would help-sorry. I will look thru all my pics and see if I can find anything.  
Tommy,

Thanks for the correction. I must have my wires crossed lol. I have the molds from Alfred and Loehring that came from you. Maybe I grabbed the wrong one off of the shelf and mixed it up LOL. So yours is a Sport 40? Even better LOL. I need to correct my post and update pics “after” I get the hulls in-hand. Thanks for the feedback on the old decals. Let me know if you find anything. I will also update everyone once the hulls come in and I will also try to find the designer of this Sport 20. It looks very close to your Sport 40 design Tommy.........hummm. 

By the way, these are molded off of Arno Birtts designed boat. Mike Hughes modified the plans and Alford built and laid them up and sold them under the LeeCraft name when he owned the rights and molds. 
Oh ok. Mystery solved. Just saw this post J.R. Thank you. So the Sport 20’s I am getting were sold under the Leecraft name by Alfred. These are the molds I have. I will post more pics once the new boats arrive. In the meantime I will reach out to Mike Hughes for more information as well. Thank you for the clarification. Do you have any setup info? I want to provide a complete hardware kit for these as well as radio boxes. I am working on IMPBA version (transom mounted strut) as well as NAMBA version (floor mounted strut). Can you post some pics all around and inside and send to me? Any help to get this project off the ground is appreciated. Thanks. 

I have a wooden version that Arno built to use as a plug.  We never did anything with the boat, but Alfred loved the design and went forward with a glass version.  The design follows the Pacific Northwest sport hydro design evolution that spawned several boats.  The current ones I can think of are the Mutt II sport 40, the Snake sport 20, and this hull.

Lohring Miller

Oh ok. Mystery solved. Just saw this post J.R. Thank you. So the Sport 20’s I am getting were sold under the Leecraft name by Alfred. These are the molds I have. I will post more pics once the new boats arrive. In the meantime I will reach out to Mike Hughes for more information as well. Thank you for the clarification. Do you have any setup info? I want to provide a complete hardware kit for these as well as radio boxes. I am working on IMPBA version (transom mounted strut) as well as NAMBA version (floor mounted strut). Can you post some pics all around and inside and send to me? Any help to get this project off the ground is appreciated. Thanks. 
where you get the idea that the Namba requires  under boat strut??     from sport Namba sport hydro rules    7. Outdrive assemblies will be allowed.

Your  project may  stir some interest in the sporthydro racing.   There are good   Blazer and ML kits form wood  and my Stealth  epoxy hydro now. 

Ron,

what kind of decals for the XT460 are you looking for? These are the ones I made. I made them from a decal I got with my XTR21 back in 1999.

XTR.JPG

P1040005.JPG

Ron-1-more correction-I have never designed a sport 40 hydro. The boat you saw me run (probably in Atlanta) was an Evergreen epoxy glass boat designed by Ed Fischer from Wa. The boat that I used to set the oval and st.way record way back when was a wood boat that I built and was designed by Russ Nachtweih from Wa. I was too busy building and designing tunnels back then but I wanted to try racing a hydro and riggers did not interest me so I tried the sport boat and both were a blast to drive and race. The 1st.picture of the decals posted I think is the original decal but for the XT-460 of course. Honestly I don't remember for sure. I am still looking for pictures.

The Fischer sport .40 did share a lot of similarities to this Arno sport .20 and many other NW sport hydros. It was one of the pioneers of sport hydro design. 

Ron, I know you said you will be laying up all white and red/white hulls.  Will you also be laying up just plain FG or CF hulls as well? 

Ron-the 1st-picture in post #12 is a modified version of the original Leecraft logo and I was informed this morning that it was designed for me by Rod Geraghty.

where you get the idea that the Namba requires  under boat strut??     from sport Namba sport hydro rules    7. Outdrive assemblies will be allowed.

Your  project may  stir some interest in the sporthydro racing.   There are good   Blazer and ML kits form wood  and my Stealth  epoxy hydro now. 
Phil,

Someone told me that when I started this project. So transom mounted struts ok for both? Also, yes maybe these will help stir up the Sport 20 class even more. 

Ron,

what kind of decals for the XT460 are you looking for? These are the ones I made. I made them from a decal I got with my XTR21 back in 1999.

View attachment 97562

View attachment 97563
The first one is what I remember. Looks like Tommy thinks thats the one as well. I have a tunnel on the shelf with that same logo. I need to get some made so I can include with the tunnel. 

Ron-1-more correction-I have never designed a sport 40 hydro. The boat you saw me run (probably in Atlanta) was an Evergreen epoxy glass boat designed by Ed Fischer from Wa. The boat that I used to set the oval and st.way record way back when was a wood boat that I built and was designed by Russ Nachtweih from Wa. I was too busy building and designing tunnels back then but I wanted to try racing a hydro and riggers did not interest me so I tried the sport boat and both were a blast to drive and race. The 1st.picture of the decals posted I think is the original decal but for the XT-460 of course. Honestly I don't remember for sure. I am still looking for pictures.
Tommy. It was in Atlanta.that was the one I watched you run. It was sooo fast. Thanks for the input on the logo as well. 

Back