November 23 to 25, 2018   HUNTSVILLE,  AL RECORD TRIAL

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bzubee

Supporting Member
Huntsville Model Boating Association  (18-038 RT)
"Turkey Day Record Trials”  Timed event for 
1/16 mile SAW, 1/3 mile Oval, 1/4 mile Oval 

TIME: Event starts when timing system is operational – approx. 8 AM until dark
Brahan Spring Park South Lake - next to Natatorium (indoor pool), 2111 Drake Ave., Huntsville, AL 35805

CLASSES: Any IMPBA legal boat/hull/motor can run. All IMPBA racing classes in Nitro, Gas & Fast Electric. 1/16 Mile SAW, 1/3 & 1/4 Mile Oval will be options at CD’s discretion.  Pre-registration is not required –but please email Bill or Paul to let us know you will be coming. Plenty of room for tents and equipment. $25 flat fee run as often as weather permits. Fee is payable prior to first run.

NOTE: Witching Hour Rules (1 hour prior to sunset) -- Only drivers whose boats have been within 5% of the record during the event, or that current record holder will be allowed to run on the short list. See flyer for additional short list rules.

CD: Bill Zuber  (256) 830-0835  
email: [email protected]
Assistant CD: Rick Grim (245) 650-0859   
email: [email protected]

Means if time weather and contestants work it out !  Need weather to cooperate contestants interested in setting 1/4 or 1/3 mile records or if someone needs to oval bouys removed for a high speed SAW run the CD will try to accommodate the request/

Means if time weather and contestants work it out !  Need weather to cooperate contestants interested in setting 1/4 or 1/3 mile records or if someone needs to oval bouys removed for a high speed SAW run the CD will try to accommodate the request/
Thanks for the reply Bill,

When you say "try to accommodate" how and what is used to determine priority between 1/4, 1/3, and SAW?  Sorry, I am not trying to be a pest, just trying to understand the pecking order and how the event is run.  I'm not interested in making an 8+ hour trip to get bumped or limited attempts. 

Thanks,

Mike

We run a contestant list and go by that list if it's your turn and you are not ready we move to the next name and you wait till the next round as for priority the 1/4 mile and 1/3 mile course buoys are out there all times we will remove a few buoys for the 1/4 mile attempts and if someone needs the buoys removed that depends on time allowed and how many people need them out and speeds running the lake has lots of room and usually buoys are no issue with running SAW.

Bill,

It sounds good. Mike and I and possibly Ronnie (depending on his health) are planning to be there at startup Saturday morning for this event if the weather looks like it will cooperate enough to get in a few runs in.

-Carl,

Mike,

Usually the organizers poll the racers to see what people are running.  If all the guys are going after SAW records, they will leave the balloons off.  If guys want to run both oval and SAW, they will put them up.  It takes about 30 min to set-up the balloons when the weights are already in place.  

I will say it's a little tricky to run SAW passes with the balloons in place.  The preferred line is running right to left on the front straight and left to right on the back straight.  It takes a little practice at 100+.

Tyler 

Hey Tyler,

Hope all’s well with you and your family. I hope to make it to the IMPBA internats in Huntsville! Have started a little update on my old 67 rigger!  Should be a little better in the rough stuff? Will you be there?

Just got word Mark Grim set a new 2 way time for gas rigger of 123+ mph!  My Hero!

More to come 

After watching the weather forecast we decided to make the trip to Huntsville Saturday. We got there just before the event started and got on the list. The wind was still blowing too much to run a tunnel boat when our names were called up. This was a fairly large turnout and even though it was great to see so many people doing what they love to do, the wait time between runs was over two hours. The Huntsville Club (as always) did a great job of putting on this event and even though we could only be there for one day we had a great time. 

I look forward to the next event!

-Carl

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure hope that someone will post a video of the record runs from the event?

Congrats to all of the new record holders and the Huntsville club for a great job on “Turkey day “!

I sure hope that someone will post a video of the record runs from the event?

Congrats to all of the new record holders and the Huntsville club for a great job on “Turkey day “!
You should come next year and bring the Old card table. 

I plan on going to the nitro nats in june, as long as that nasty old couple (Father Time & Mother Nature) don’t complain!!  LOL .

hope to see you there, and yes I will have the “Old Card Table”!

Back