Stuart Barr

CMB Crank Balancing

We finally have a source for balancing the CMB cranks.  This is a two tungsten slug recommended for only the CMB 45 VAC, 45 V.5, 67 HR, 67 HR EVO and 80 HR.  All the other CMB motors DO NOT need this.  The balancing increases the pug life for those that like to run these motors a very high RPM (like me).  Please contact Kent Ballard at rcboater1@hotmail.com or call him on his cell phone at 515-689-5609 (central time) to have this service done.  Price has been set at $65.00 per crank.  This includes return shipping by UPS.

Stu Barr

TNX for the heads up STU

Just had my CMB .67 HR Evo balanced by Kent can't wait to see how it runs now.

Really Fast turn around TNX Kent

Edited by TomGracey
more inf

On 11/19/2018 at 1:52 PM, Craig Limbocker said:

Hello Stu,

I maybe getting one of the .45 V5 from you shortly, is this something I need to have done? Curious as to why.

Thank you,

Craig

Craig,

A balanced crank helps plug life at high RPM. 

Stu

I don't understand the dynamics or physics behind a balanced crank and plug life. I have had my Vac45 done and a lot of run time on it. But why? Thanks Tom

5 hours ago, tom galdys said:

I don't understand the dynamics or physics behind a balanced crank and plug life. I have had my Vac45 done and a lot of run time on it. But why? Thanks Tom

Tom if a rotating part is balanced then Vibration is eliminated ,.Which can only mean a smoother running engine if the crank is balanced ..As for longer plug life hmmm perhaps...but alot of factors come into play with that...

Edited by David Ashcroft

On 11/4/2018 at 7:08 PM, Stuart Barr said:

We finally have a source for balancing the CMB cranks.  This is a two tungsten slug recommended for only the CMB 45 VAC, 45 V.5, 67 HR, 67 HR EVO and 80 HR.  All the other CMB motors DO NOT need this.  The balancing increases the pug life for those that like to run these motors a very high RPM (like me).  Please contact Kent Ballard at rcboater1@hotmail.com or call him on his cell phone at 515-689-5609 (central time) to have this service done.  Price has been set at $65.00 per crank.  This includes return shipping by UPS.

Stu Barr

Stu,

That means Gas Evo engines need no balancing ?

I used to balance all my Zenoah engine cranks .

Gilbert

13 hours ago, David Ashcroft said:

Tom if a rotating part is balanced then Vibration is eliminated ,.Which can only mean a smoother running engine if the crank is balanced ..As for longer plug life hmmm perhaps...but alot of factors come into play with that...

Just imagine the plug element vibrating wildly already from engine RPM and then another type of vibration from out of balance engine components making it even worse .

11 hours ago, Gilbert Pun said:

Stu,

That means Gas Evo engines need no balancing ?

I used to balance all my Zenoah engine cranks .

Gilbert

Gilbert,

The CMB .27 EVO do not require balancing. Neither do any of the "stacked" crank or "Evolution" style CMB motors (i.e. .45 RS EVO, .91/1.01 RS EVO). Only the .45 and .67/.80 "cantilever" style cranks benefit from the added tungsten slugs.