Fuel Punps

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeMischnick

Hi All,

I bought a 2 Dobro hand pump mid summer one for gas the other for 60% nitro. I have since had both fail. The hand cranks lock up on both pumps. How do I fix the problem or what pump should I get? Hand pumps or electric will work.

Thanks

Mike

I back pump the fuel out of the pump when not in use. After every use. It seems to make them last longer. I also have loosen up the screws that hold the cases together to help unlock the gears. But those type do all fail at some point. The gearing is crap and does not take much to lock up. 

Mike

I can help you out with a new Sullivan electric fuel pump for nitro if you like.

John

Thanks everyone for your help. I found and ordered a Dave Brown Six Shooter on like today.

Mike

It’s not this Secraft one is it?
http:// http://www.secraft.net/shop/step1.php?number=1638&b_code=B20091028091405&c_code=C20120110072059

I have it in blue and haven’t had much luck with it, the side plate leaks if it’s not tight enough but the impeller won’t spin if its too tight. I tried milling it a bit but still no luck with it.
default_smile.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird maybe there were different versions, mine says nitro on it.
View attachment 97186

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I love the Secraft products, their control arms are the best fitting I’ve ever found. I use them in all my giant scale gasser planes. If you’re having issues with a pump marked “nitro” that’s a problem! Have you contacted them? 

Thanks John 

It's been a few years now, I could have returned it to Esprit in Florida but I never did with shipping from Canada plus I was determined I could fix it myself lol.

Mike.. under the decal on the pump is a M3 set screw. pull the decal off and adjust using a 1.5mm allen wrench..if the pump was locking up just turn it out a 8th of a turn.. all it takes is a VERY small tweak. Also.. a Viton Oring make a good replacement for that silly rubber flat washer they have in there. (Seems to me its a 1 1/4" .062").. maybe 1 1/8"...)

Grim

The pump I am after is a hand crank pump that was intended for Nitro and/or gas.   It looked pretty substantial with four socket head screws on the four corners.  It looked like it was intended for large gas scale airplanes where you have to pump a gallon of fuel into the plane.

Back