Any use TORCO nitro?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found it on eBay of all places and was surprised having never heard of it. I run Technology and Seaducer and love them both.

I added a little castor to it for my 90 riggers as it only has synthetic oil. Worked great though no issues.

Been using it for years. Use to mix my own. Price was almost the same so decided to support local hobby shop.

Mike

Just finished a gallon of 50% through an OPS Blackhead 15cc.  Seems just fine.  I bought it for 40$ shipped in February. 

Whoa! You aren't kidding... I typically have someone mix mine,  but have bought torco when I needed it quick. The last time I bought Torco was at the end of 2015 and paid 140 shipped  for a case on Amazon. Now it's 290. Yikes. :blink:  

Since Dow Chemical bought Angus Chemical Co. they've only been making nitromethane on a very limited basis for industrial purposes.

The only nitro is coming from China. Personally, I like dealing with Jess at Hyperfuels, although Jody at Torco is pretty cool to deal with, too.

Hyperfuels is getting $266 for a 5 gallon container and that price has been good for the last year or so. Nitro is not affected by these trade tariffs.

Furthermore, you can buy up to and including a 42 gal. drum of nitro without having to jump through Homeland Security hoops.

https://hyperfuels.com

Torco fuel is a very good fuel I have been using it for years with no issues but honestly, the pricing of nitro fuel is insane makes me not want to run it .........

Used 50% Torco in A Hydro B Hydro C Hydro and B Mono at the NAMBA Nats in Dallas this year and was well pleased with the results Ran great and I have the trophies to prove it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure its still good, the price on the other is a different story. We used to buy it for like 140 bucks a case, shipped on amazon. Pretty sure its about double that now. I have a race fuel supplier mix up a 5 gallon can and get much better pricing, plus I know what's in it.

If I needed fuel quick I'd probably order some from John Otto (technology hobbies).

Brian

Latest posts

Back