HELP!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeMischnick

What is this called? Where do I get it? What it dose is restrict the water line and water between the rudder and the motor.

Thanks for the help

Mike

Water restricter .jpg

The same thing could be accomplished with a small wheel collar and set screw/bolt that’s been ground smooth on the end. Used to do that for airline restrictors on pneumatic model airplane retractable landing gear to slow them down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use a Sullivan plastic tee and tap one of the ports to a 4-40. Then round the end of the screw.

20160609_195856.jpg

What is this called? Where do I get it? What it dose is restrict the water line and water between the rudder and the motor.

Thanks for the help

Mike
Hi Mike, dick Jones here, the item U have is to variable to try to guess how much flow U have going to the engine,

Here is what I do, very easy way to change the water flow volume and know how much flow U have. I use brass tubing with the 5/32 OD, which is slightly larger than the ID of the water line I use, cut the tubing 1 1/4 inch long, solder both ends of the brass tubing, drill all the brass tubes, I drill both soldered ends, with a /16th, another with a 5/64, and the third with a 3/32 drill, I never restrict the water flow on any engine larger than a .67.

Hope this helps.

dick

Mike good to hear from U on hear, hope we run to each other some time!!!!!!

Mike... the water restriction is used to regulate your engine temperature finitely if you choose to do so.. nitro and the corresponding engine temperature will effect your engine performance... an overheat can cause engine damage as the engine leans out and quits... intently you may want to gain a flow meter and keep statistics on engine temperatures, and other test factors like ambient air, air density, humidity, water temperature and beyond... its all what you want to look into it... gauging along the way , the performance in your testing.... good luck...

Latest posts

Back