CMDi & OPS engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Brown

CMDi & Andy Brown have teamed up with OPS engines.

CMDi will carry the full line of OPS marine and car engines along with OPS pipes and glow plugs (std. & turbo).

Andy Brown is working with OPS and OPS engines to make positive improvements to the full OPS marine line up.

The future of Nitro is looking bright!

Stay tuned for details.

1017181128.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to running OPS in my

New custom Twin.67/91 EAGLE

Thanks Andy

Great will sell stuff list parts ? I have my 2017 OPS 45 blue headed with my SGX 45 but need break in through run

I am pleased with the first weekend of testing with the new OPS 45. The engine actually runs nicer than I expected. Pulls off the beach strong. Has smooth broad throttle response.
Have run about 3 liters of fuel so far. Ran both 50% and 60%. Did not burn a plug. Head looks like it has not been run. No detonation.I have not got to maximum prop size or shortest pipe length yet. Running the engine stock with only mods to the carb and drum/drive pin clearance adjustment. P/L fit was a little tighter than I am use to so I loosened it up a bit. Not sure I needed to though. It just reduced the break-in time to almost zero. Removed Low speed needle and barrel stop. The hard anodized aluminum carb barrel fits the body perfectly and is super smooth after removing the barrel stop. The engine mills slow and responds quickly. The vibration level is low. The P/L seals great. The bearing/crank fit and alignment are perfect. Drum to housing fit is close yet super smooth. After run tear down looks great. The OPS will be ready for max prop load next test session. I will then post video and performance results. Then will make mods to the engine and bring it to the next level. There will definitely be a new 45 Nitro player on the street!

The future of Nitro is Bright!
OPS 45 SGX 67.jpg

Put a few more tanks of 60% through the OPS 45 this weekend.  Worked upward on prop size. Finished up with the biggest prop I took to the lake.  A 1957.

The OPS pulled it off the beach easily. Throttled up and down at will.  Quickly and consistently accelerated to 77 mph.  This is in a 7 pound 67 SGX-2.5.

Used the same plug that I ran last weekend. Head and piston crown look like they have not been run.

After run tear down found all parts looking very good.

Except for the noted adjustments in last week's report, the engine is 100% stock.

The big horse power potential of this OPS 45 looks very promising.

Good boating

Andy

Put a few more tanks of 60% through the OPS 45 this weekend.  Worked upward on prop size. Finished up with the biggest prop I took to the lake.  A 1957.

The OPS pulled it off the beach easily. Throttled up and down at will.  Quickly and consistently accelerated to 77 mph.  This is in a 7 pound 67 SGX-2.5.

Used the same plug that I ran last weekend. Head and piston crown look like they have not been run.

After run tear down found all parts looking very good.

Except for the noted adjustments in last week's report, the engine is 100% stock.

The big horse power potential of this OPS 45 looks very promising.

Good boating

Andy
That's Awesome...

Hi Andy. Prop OCT 1957 stock or cut down?
Allan,  The 1957 is full diameter. Has a small to medium back cut.

Has a very small tip cup to reduce lift and the T.E pitch is increased a small amount to 5.4" near the tip only.  Stock is 5.0".

This prop drives and handles well and can be used for racing.

I have now put three gallons of fuel through the OPS 45. Internally all is looking very good. Top of piston and head look new.  Virtually no metal erosion from detonation. Rod looks good. Bearings are still super smooth.

In stock form the OPS 45 has achieved 78 mph in a 67 SGX-2.  I have now modified the engine and just resumed testing with it. The engine is now accelerating to the same speeds quicker and will run faster with a bit of pipe and prop tuning.

Eric Canto and I have also been testing the OPS glow plugs on a variety of engines. Our first impressions are that we are very pleased with the performance of them. We have both conducted back to back tests with our normal favorite plugs in 4 different engines.  Considering that my assessment may be biased I think that they are at least as good. Eric on they other hand says they are better.  We have tested the OPS standard plugs in the Hot and Medium.  The Medium works equivalent to the MC#9 and K&B HP. The Hot plug burns the fuel better and seems to hold up as well as the MC#9 and K&B HP.  Yesterday I was running the Hot plug in the OPS 90 big block on 60% nitro.  The plug held up great while running a very clean mixture with big props and short pipes.

1225181658.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
New SGX with rear center wide sponson? 
Yes Allan.  The surface area of the large Single Rear Sponson is equal to the three rears of the old SGX 90.

Just in the testing stages now.

The new boat is bigger than the old three sponsons SGX 90/101.

So far the boat and OPS 90 combo like the ABC 2819 prop. Good racing speed in the 85 - 86 mph range.  Running a 13mm carb and 11" pipe.

Back