wes ellet graphics

steve parker full mod zen 26.3 engines

post-2893-0-86884600-1539044942_thumb.jpg

post-2893-0-01372700-1539044951_thumb.jpg

post-2893-0-30861200-1539044962_thumb.jpg

post-2893-0-17748100-1539044972_thumb.jpg

Edited by dave weagel
clarification

The problem with gas is that the engines are normally too big to fit in a 1/8 scale boat, other than maybe the CMB 27. The CMB is narrow enough but is probably too tall to fit in a 1/8 scale hull. That said, if you can make one fit and work well, I'd love to see some video

Edited by Hydro Junkie

I think Gas Scale is BIG n Beautiful...The 1/8 scale boats need to be severly hacked up to shoehorn the big engines in. These pictures prove it, the pipes and carbs are showing.

A very long time ago Steve Muck 1/8 scale hulls were the first gas sport hydros. The cowls needed to be cut up for the carb and pipe. Today's sport hydros are approximately 1/8 scale size. Gas scale boats are a little big and heavy but that hasn't held performance back. My round nose $Bill can turn 12 second laps with a good driver.

Lohring Miller

My round nose $Bill can turn 12 second laps with a good driver.

Lohring Miller

Are you saying that's someone other than yourself? I know I would say that about me but then again............................

I've never driven my boats in record trials. Kelley Groul was the gas scale two lap record driver. Brian Buaas drove the boat at the Northwest Scale Championships. My skills are in design, testing, and building.

Lohring Miller

I think Gas Scale is BIG n Beautiful...The 1/8 scale boats need to be severly hacked up to shoehorn the big engines in. These pictures prove it, the pipes and carbs are showing.

Speaking of hacked up, did you get your Atlas repaired yet? I'd love to see it and my Madison(when I get it done) on the water together

The little zenoah G20PUM might have made a great 1/8 gas motor but they never caught on.

Several of us had talked about the G20Pum in the 1/8 scale sized hulls, but nobody did it.. For a long time here in our area (Texas/New Mexico) the Baker's ran a class they called the Baker Hydro class and it was 1/8th scale hulls hacked up to fit G260's. That ended up evolving into them going to 1/6th scale. I love the class, but the damn 1/6 scale boats are so damn big. I had one and ran it at the Nats last year in Vegas and the boat was a fiberglass hull from the Bakers, but it weighed close to 25lbs. Big, heavy, hard to move around. Now the guys in our area are switching over their 1/8 scale hulls to electric and that class is growing like crazy.

Ya I got the sponson and uprights rebuilt, just needs paint. You gonna come race with us next season with RCU? Gas scale is getting better and better...

To really make a gas engine fit in a 1/8 scale, the case size would need to be made smaller AND the design would need to be changed to put the carb and exhaust in line with the engine bay rather than 90 degrees to it