HITEC LYNX RADIO

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are no cons. Not that Ive found. But no longer available with the proton 4 receiver. Which is the GPS receiver.

Over 2 years now with no issues. I did have to upgrade mine to get it to work with the Proton 4E receiver. I've used Axion 3, Proton 4, and Proton 4E receivers with no issues. I see Hitec RCD still lists the Proton 4 GPS receiver as a current product. Amazon still has them for sale together as well as the Proton 4 alone. I'd shop for a better price though.

I emailed hitec a few months ago and they confirmed the proton receiver is discontinued. I run the lynx as well and the proton receiver with GPS was the main reason I bought it. It is a great radio with every feature there is. I have had no issues with mine.

That kinda blows that radio's sales. The only reason anyone switched to the Hitec in the first place.

If it losses it's GPS telemetry function and they won't have that option from a replacement then they totally suck. Lol.

FUTABA baby !!

That kinda blows that radio's sales. The only reason anyone switched to the Hitec in the first place.

If it losses it's GPS telemetry function and they won't have that option from a replacement then they totally suck. Lol.

FUTABA baby !!
Lol. I wouldnt go that far. The hitec out-ranged the futaba and did so by a long ways. And at the price it still offers a lot more for the money.

But I still think its a bad decision.

I was looking at possibly purchasing one of these Lynx radios for prototyping purposes but I am totally with you guys. That was the selling point for me as well. It sounds like it may still be a good buy. I have a friend of mine who has had more radio trouble in the last year than I have had in the last thirty years. He was interested in the Lynx as well and for the proton telemetry option. Hummm,,, I'm not sure what I want now.

Thanks for the responses and if anyone knows why the proton was discontinued please let us know. I don't what to buy a used proton only to learn what may be wrong with it after the fact.

-Carl

Last edited by a moderator:
They did not sell as many as the wanted to. Ive had mine for close to 3 yrs with zero issues. I believe it was a sales issue.

Many guys at my lake use the radio with the proton 4 with no issues.

If you do not plan to use the proton receiver for a fleet of boats or cars, and just need one for a special purpose, there seems to be plenty of hitec lynx radios that come with the proton receiver in stock at many hobby stores. But if you are trying to convert all of your models to protons, it would get really expensive now that you cannot find them. You would likely have to use the non telemetry axion receivers. I really hope hitec reintroduces a receiver with GPS and telemetry in the near future

Last edited by a moderator:
If you do not plan to use the proton receiver for a fleet of boats or cars, and just need one for a special purpose, there seems to be plenty of hitec lynx radios that come with the proton receiver in stock at many hobby stores. But if you are trying to convert all of your models to protons, it would get really expensive now that you cannot find them. You would likely have to use the non telemetry axion receivers. I really hope hitec reintroduces a receiver with GPS and telemetry in the near future
I my case I am only in need of one setup with GPS so I may look around and see if I can locate one. I hope that this option can be brought back also. I was kind of holding off to see if there were any issues with that setup but now I wish I had of just gotten one.

Thanks for the info guys!

-Carl

Back