Collet help needed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GraysonTaylor

Supporting Member
I've been having a hard time getting a hold of Aeromarine to ID a collet. Their website lists collets by motor type. NR 21 is not on the list. I have an Octura that fits the NR 21 and has a .343" shoulder on it. My question is what older 21 motors had the same shoulder? I'm pretty sure Octura didn't tool a new one for NR.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been having a hard time getting a hold of Aeromarine to ID a collet. Their website lists collets by motor type. NR 21 is not on the list. I have an Octura that fits the NR 21 and has a .343" shoulder on it. My question is what older 21 motors had the same shoulder? I'm pretty sure Octura didn't tool a new one for NR.

Thanks for the help.
NR crank thread is 1/4-28. You dont need a collet with a shoulder, flat works fine. Al Hobbs here on I W sells good ones similar to Aeromarine and Octura has thread size that fits NR in their style as well.

Thanks John

You are right Walt. I ended getting a K&B collet from Aeromarine without having the shoulder size confirmed. It has a .350 shoulder and fits the NR perfect.

The ironic part is that I checked out my K&B in my Eaglet and it has a flat faced collet. I never had any problems with it.

Hi contact Jerry at

Seaducer Boats
2071 NE 55 Ct
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl 33308
Phone (954) 493 7387
The man is a walking encyclopedia in anything model boat related.

Back