Whats a good .21 tunnel these days.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BullDogRacing

Gday Guys

I looking to get my wife and 7 & 9 year old kids into Rc boating.
I thought a good place as any to start is .21 tunnels as that where I started.
So what I was planning on buying 3x Hulls to get the nitro juices flowing and just running stock OS air-cooled outboard on 25%, once those motors die I was going to swap the power dead to the Nova-rossi.
So Im quite happy with the power plant plan.

But As for hulls Its been some time since Ive played boats let alone outboards too. So I was thinking of buying is the Water land scale tunnels made in the Netherlands.

But" with them being so new on the market and with no race condition proven history for these hulls plus the expense of getting them over to Australia, Im sort of thinking what's the

best proven hull on the market today hands down..?

As Im not really a wood guy. I was thinking only epoxy is the way for me, even through one of the best wooden tunnel builders is over here In Aus ,Kirs Flynn.
I've had a HTB 290 some time ago which has that sort of scale look to it which my kids like as apposed to the all out race look of the Vision, or linx.
So With that being said and a open budget. What hulls would be well worth a look at and competitive in race waters today, and if possible still have that scale look to it. .
thanks' Brads

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Brad,

What boat won Sport 20 class (which is the class you want to run) and also had the highest number of hulls in Mod and Sport? Visions are the way to go and easy to get setup help from local racers.

I have never owned, or even driven a Lynx, so I will not comment there :)

If you want to work out a deal with Marc to send me a hull, I can certainly test it for you and see if it is as good as a the other glass hulls ;-)

Cheers

Kris

If you want to work out a deal with Marc to send me a hull, I can certainly test it for you and see if it is as good as a the other glass hulls ;-)

Cheers

Kris
Gday Kris

Yep Im thinking Vision, based on results over here in our race conditions.

As for sending you a hull, I think you will have to work out a deal with Marc for a free one to test. Im sure with your talent it would be a rocket".

Glass hull, cant go past the Vision... Ive had few of the others and now Mike is building them they are A1...

Gday Aaron
Mate Yep I agree" Mike's workmanship is up there with the best, Plus in the right hand they are bullets, as you have proven.

Brad,

If you are just looking for something to run 25% nitro in and also something that looks like the full scale tunnels just to have some family time and fun running boats together, I would not be too worried about purchasing a top end performance type hull. But when you do get ready to run in competition there are a couple of goods glass tunnels out there that are sold in the US but none of them look like full size tunnels.

-Carl

Gday Guys

So what I was planning on buying 3x Hulls to get the nitro juices flowing and just running stock OS air-cooled outboard on 25%, once those motors die I was going to swap the power dead to the Nova-rossi.

But As for hulls Its been some time since Ive played boats let alone outboards too. So I was thinking of buying is the Water land scale tunnels made in the Netherlands.

But" with them being so new on the market and with no race condition proven history for these hulls plus the expense of getting them over to Australia, Im sort of thinking what's the

As Im not really a wood guy. I was thinking only epoxy is the way for me, even through one of the best wooden tunnel builders is over here In Aus ,Kirs Flynn.
I've had a HTB 290 some time ago which has that sort of scale look to it which my kids like as apposed to the all out race look of the Vision, or linx.
So With that being said and a open budget. What hulls would be well worth a look at and competitive in race waters today, and if possible still have that scale look to it. .
thanks' Brads

Last edited by a moderator:
Gday Guys

thanks' Brads
Gday Guys

You will be doing a lot of model boating before an O.S. 21 on 25% fuel "dies."

JD

thanks' Brads

I was thinking the same thing Jerry! I got around 11 gallons on my very first OS MANY years ago. That thing just would not stop running.

I was thinking the same thing Jerry! I got around 11 gallons on my very first OS MANY years ago. That thing just would not stop running.
Ran the same motor for about 7 years now! And I got it used!

Lynx are awesome boats, you can never go wrong with one. Nearly all glass models available are proven race winners in their own regards, its in the hands of the racer that seals the deal on each of them

Hey Brad, let me know if I can help you out with anything! Mike

20180825_123707-X2.jpg

Just to be clear Brad, I was offering to help you, not after any free boats...got enough boats around home already haha

Back