Water line configuration best result?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenLilly

I'm trying to build up a 26" brushless mono. The rudder in the hardware package I got has single water pickup. Should I just run the single water line all the way through the esc, motor, motor mount like the picture I found? Will I get good enough water movement through the line like that or would I be better off putting a hull mounted water intake and have one line to the esc and one to motor/motor mount with a duel outlet? Would the second way increase water flow and keep things running cooler? First electric boat, I know the operating temps are going to be crucial, Thanks for the help!

image.png

Hi,

one line is ok. Spezial you see during run how the water is coming out, if you have a good inlet somthe outletwater is peeing high. With two makes it difficult tomsay all are doing well. And as fluide water is coming out the temperatur of the esc and the motor are ok and low enough. And one line has less points making trouble become silent dripping inside the boat.

Happy Amps Christian

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thank you Christain. I can see benefits in both ways just wanted to see what experienced electric boaters thought because y'all know best!

Also always cool the ESC first.
default_smile.png

Also always cool the ESC first.
default_smile.png
UNLESS your motor needs it more than your speedy (ie SPEC motors
default_wink.png
)

I personally wouldnt even use the cooling on the motor mount, would be alot nice loking without those extra tubes...pretty sure it does bugger all anyway (especially compared to you motor can cooler!)

If you don't want to run your cooling in series, you can put in a "Y" adapter. The issues here are that:

1) you would probably have to put in some kind of restrictor on both lines to keep water flowing to both evenly to both rather than mostly to one or the other

2) you would have more connections to check for leaks

Back