Motor Mount

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffmaturo

Anyone hear of an adjustable OB motor mount that has a one screw adjustment?

Also what is considered the best OB motor mount available? thanks!

Hi-Jacker Motor Mount if your referring to height adjustment.

post-18010-0-91663500-1409693874.jpg

post-18010-0-13279700-1409693648.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi-jacks have always been my go to mount, they are a very quality piece. They arent made any more, so are getting hard to find. Im trying to develop a mount with StumpFAB, but ran into a hiccup on the last prototype.

gallery_241_1948_3387543.jpeg

Another good and simple designed one was the one that Precision Boats sold. I ran a couple of them for years. Still use them, just need the pin bushings replaced.

Jeff,

I don't know about a one screw adjustment for depth & thrust angle. However, the custom light weight mount I use precisely controls the "squareness" of the up & down depth movement, by having this part of the mount precisely located in a wide track machined in a base that is permanently mounted to the hull. Four 8/32 SHCS lock this piece in place to the base. Six more 8/32 FHSHCS screws hold the permanently mounted wide track base to the hull. Part of the head of one of these can be seen in the photos. The precisely machined groove in the mount part that is precisely located in the machined track holds the necessary thrust adjuster. It is held in place with two 8/32 SHCS. Hardened steel washers are used where necessary. I also have an adjustment device for the push rods connected to the PTO when making depth & thrust adjustments. A picture is worth a thousand words!

Jim Allen

P8120009.JPG

P8120010.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff,

At the 1/4" shaft pivot point there are 2 machined teflon thrust washers used to eliminate any possible play. The washers are a slight interference fit but do not cause any noticeable drag on the pto's movement. The PTO's 1/4" shaft rotates in a precision machined Barium metal bushing which has a grease fitting. These parts were designed to last indefinitely!

JA

P8130001.JPG

Back