AA45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so what hull,pipe,prop. you know the program.
default_smile.png

I don't know ?????

I was just there for moral support.....LOL

It only made 3 laps so it must have bin one of my engs...........
default_happy.png

SGX, AB black 45 muffled pipe, 1462 #2 profile. David did mod the AA45 and it is VERY strong. It has a fair amount of 60% through it with zero issues at all. I had just changed from running a V955/3 to the 1462 right before the run in this video. The tail end hop was because I had adjusted the strut for the 1462 and missed the perfect angle just a bit. Of course I did not forget to grease the shaft but this run was at the end of the day and I was pushing it. The boat had made many strong runs earlier and the AA45 is impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
DAM there goes all the moral support......................Hew was killing me out in the 93 deg 60% humidity heat in the middle of the day.

Keep telling him its to hot to run this thing it will not make any power......
default_rolleyes.gif

DAM there goes all the moral support......................Hew was killing me out in the 93 deg 60% humidity heat in the middle of the day.

Keep telling him its to hot to run this thing it will not make any power......
default_rolleyes.gif
say its not one of those hogged out, Dremel cut bastard engines ???

Eric, and Julian,

It looks like Wilfong Performance carved up

another one. Nice job David. If it was 93-degrees

Eric looked nice and comfortable in his white long

sleeved shirt.

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark Sholund

Let me join to the circle of AA45.
default_smile.png

The video is of my rigger equipped with a AA45 retouched by Andy Brown. Other specs are as follows.

Pipe: Scott Bouchie

Plug: OD287

Prop: Octura 1457 moded with the prop duplicator from Marty Davis.

Toru

Must not be NAMBA ------ Hope Hobbs don't see this

They are standing in the water running boats -- lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Andy,

Thanks to your moded AA45, I have enjoyed the engine until I made a hole in the center of the piston. But will revive.

The boat is stable as it is quite big to survive heat recing.

Toru

Hi Henry,

Yea, I knew some one would point out that we were standing in the water our boats running.

We run our boats at the river mouth where tides affect the water level, but unfortunately, no choice as we have only limited waters to run RC boats in Japan.

At least, I should say that it was not an organized race scene but just fun run running boats at our own risk/responsibility.

At organized races, the organizers install safety fences to secure safety of drivers and spectators.

Toru

Hi David,

The boat was scratch-built by my friend who have once partcipated in an RC boat racing in Seattle (?), US in 1970's, racing against Ed Fisher and other big names.

Toru

Back