2018 World Championships in France

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Hobbs

Legend of the NW
Vendor
I have just finished packing my boats, engines, radios and gear for the IMBRA World Championships in France. Team Canada and Team USA will be well represented.

Doug Sick and Kevin Traboulay will represent Canada in 3 different classes. Steve Ball, Buckshot Shackleford, Doug Twaits Jr., and myself will represent the USA in 4 different classes.

This is a huge event with teams from up to 30 countries competing. The heats are large with 8 Hydros per heat and up to 13 Vee hulls in their heats. All boats must not exceed 80db with the db meter at the waters edge. So the tuned pipes we typically use here in North America will not be allowed. The courses are tight compared to our courses and with 8 15cc Hydros in the same heat, the racing is close.

Preliminary qualification racing involves 4 heat races, with the top 8 finishers competing in the Finals. The Finals are another series of 4 races to determine the places.

As you know, some of the European racers have competed in the USA and placed very highly, including a 2017 IMPBA Internats Championship. In the past, USA team members have taken Gold, Silver and Bronze medals. Team Canada took a bronze in 2016 when the race was in Holland.

We'll be back home in plenty of time for the Southern Masters in Huntsville and the NAMBA Nats in Dallas.

Have fun guys and good luck. The '98 F5D worlds is still one of my best memories in the hobby.

I have just finished packing my boats, engines, radios and gear for the IMBRA World Championships in France. Team Canada and Team USA will be well represented.

Doug Sick and Kevin Traboulay will represent Canada in 3 different classes. Steve Ball, Buckshot Shackleford, Doug Twaits Jr., and myself will represent the USA in 4 different classes.

This is a huge event with teams from up to 30 countries competing. The heats are large with 8 Hydros per heat and up to 13 Vee hulls in their heats. All boats must not exceed 80db with the db meter at the waters edge. So the tuned pipes we typically use here in North America will not be allowed. The courses are tight compared to our courses and with 8 15cc Hydros in the same heat, the racing is close.

Preliminary qualification racing involves 4 heat races, with the top 8 finishers competing in the Finals. The Finals are another series of 4 races to determine the places.

As you know, some of the European racers have competed in the USA and placed very highly, including a 2017 IMPBA Internats Championship. In the past, USA team members have taken Gold, Silver and Bronze medals. Team Canada took a bronze in 2016 when the race was in Holland.

We'll be back home in plenty of time for the Southern Masters in Huntsville and the NAMBA Nats in Dallas.
0 DNF's = Medals. \m/. France will never be the same when that crew hits town.
default_biggrin.png
Best of luck men.
default_cool.png

Just remember the two rules. Sit more and finish heats and you guys will have an awesome trip. Go get em boys and good luck.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a great race Team Canada and Team USA!

P.S. 0 DNFs will get you into the Finals. Takes more than that to get Metal at the World champs!

Good luck guy's!!! I am sure you will have a great time and meet some new friends and visit some old ones too ( not saying your old Al, Doug lol ) Say Hi to Christophe for me as he said he would find you. He said he was going to post photos of the event.

Brad

take care about speed limit´s on highway´s in france - can be expensive !! when you are parking in france use no handbrake leave the car with gear in neutral position

Hi !

it will be good to see more guys from North America coming here in France for racing !

See you there !
default_rolleyes.gif

Back