New Sport 20!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jarcaines

Supporting Member
I recently acquired a bare LeeCraft XS21 hull to build as a Sport 20 for NAMBA District 8 racing.

Since these hulls aren't being built anymore I have had a hard time finding any information on it and was wondering if anyone had any experience building, setting up, and racing this hull?

It came with a Speedmaster rudder, Mike Hughes turn fin, and Mike Hughes motor mount. It also came with what I thought was a ThunderTiger 21 that I was not planning on using, but after looking closer at the motor, it looks like I have some sort of Frankensteined thing that Jerry Wyss created years back in a ThunderTiger case. I found a thread here on IW from 2007 and I think this is the hull and the motor that he was talking about (http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=23621&hl=xs21) I might just throw it in there to see what I actually have in it before deciding to go with a NovaRossi or something else.

I'd love to hear any tips, instructions and of course pictures of your XS21s anyone might have!

IMG_6304.jpg

IMG_6303.jpg

IMG_7550.jpg

That boat was plugged from an Arno Birts plans build with some mods that I drew in to make it better. A local racer built it orginally. Years later it was for sale and I knew Alfred wanted one. So I connected the two. Set the CG at 55% from the transom. Im not sure that mount will work. Its real steep. It was designed to work on the Phil Tomas sp20. You need it to be in the 4 degree range. As I recall that one is 6 or 7. I can build you new angles to get it were you need it. Just let me know what angle you are looking for. When I get back from Nats we can talk.

Mike

So far it’s just collecting ideas and parts. I’ll have something put together before the start of next season. I’ll try and update here with the progress. I want to see it run too!

Mike Hughes just made me some motor mounts. Next step is sheeting the running surfaces and building a radio box! I’ll get some pics up once I get going on that.

Finally going on this. 

Ride pads built, removed some random plywood from the bottom of the belly pan and Mike Hughes helped me by installing a carbon spar to strengthen it back up.

Still some sanding to do, but the next step is drilling it for hardware. 4C2C70D2-B173-43A8-B4AF-0E41AAFCF267.jpeg5EF25DD8-3086-4F64-A00A-BCF080983BCC.jpeg3E85C5A4-57D6-41E7-9427-83EE3D7DBB3A.jpeg

Back