New IMPBA President?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Keeley

Supporting Member
Can't thank Chris (Juice) Rupley enough for his two terms (six years) as IMPBA President, and D2 Director before that. Under his guidance many good things have happened to our organization, but I think his legacy will be the complete revamp and cleaning up of our Rule Book.

Thank you Mr. President.
default_smile.png

I see on page B4 nominations should be in by July 31st for our new President, just wondering if we had any interested parties?
default_rolleyes.gif

https://www.impba.net/rule-book.html

ARTICLE VI - NOMINATIONS

SECTION 1 Nominations of any elected officer shall be accompanied by a petition signed by five (5) members in good standing and a declaration of acceptance by the nominee. Write in votes will not be allowed unless there are no official nominees received by the IMPBA Office. If write-in votes are to be used they will be counted and totaled in the same manner as for an official nominee provided the write-in candidate meets the eligibility requirements for the President. See Article V, Section 3-A of the Constitution. The secretary shall receive nominations for all elected officers no later than July 31 each year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the kind words Terry. Kevin Sheren started it but I continued.

All I am going to say is that there has been one nomination sent into the office. The deadline for nominations is July 31st. All nominated candidates will be listed in the August Roostertail. Voting will open September 1st and run through October 31st.

Here are the rules for running for IMPBA President.

Constitution, page B-2, Section 3, A

A. The President shall hold office for (3) years. He shall have been a member of the IMPBA for at least three years and be at least 25 years old.

wow! thanks for all you have done. without a doubt, things are so much better. and thanks to Kevin for getting it started and seeing it through. and Lynne, thank you for all you do.

Dan

Great news! Matt Schofield from our very own D1 has offered his services. Matt is the Rochester MBC President and is currently serving IMPBA as the National LSG Director. His club hosted the Gas Nats in 2015 and the Nitro Nats in 2016, him and his father Jim are active in nitro, gas and electric boats.

I have know Matt a number of years and he is young (but not too young), energetic and has the right temperament for the position.

I know if elected he will do a fantastic job for us all.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets get Mr Schofield on that ballot
default_smile.png

P.S. Juice you have done a ton for this hobby I told you on the phone and in person at Tilbury, thank you for all your efforts to keep this hobby great. Super job.

Tony Jacuzzi would be a great IMPBA President! How about it Tony?
Thanks for the suggestion Bill but I am not as active/passionate about model boating as I was 20 years ago. The job requires that passion as well as some youth with fresh ideas.on the future of the IMPBA. Good luck to who ever accepts the position/nomination.

Back