what is the fastest oval class impba

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Power to weight ratio, 45 nitro. OMHO
default_cool.png

Adam, just go to the IMPBA site and look up the current records.

And if you can't tune it and drive it, it will be the most extreme oval rigger on your shelf. LOL

I don't know Martin is also a pretty good driver and would most likely kick most peoples butts in an oval race too!
Bill, that's probably true, but until it actually happens, we don't really know for sure, do we.

Steve Ball

I don't know Martin is also a pretty good driver and would most likely kick most peoples butts in an oval race too!
Bill, that's probably true, but until it actually happens, we don't really know for sure, do we.

Steve Ball
THIS!!! ^^^^ tell him to come to one of the Nats..he does a pretty good job of tailgating in NASCAR,so i guess he would not mind eating a few rooster tail's......
default_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the big boats my self.

Nothing like a .91/1.01 Rigger screaming around the oval if you ask me.

Well now,,,,,,,,in all my years of playing with toy boats I have yet to see one single individual that set SAW or OVAL records that wasnt good or outstanding at heat racing! Cream comes to the top no matter what the field.

Thanks John

Well now,,,,,,,,in all my years of playing with toy boats I have yet to see one single individual that set SAW or OVAL records that wasnt good or outstanding at heat racing! Cream comes to the top no matter what the field.

Thanks John
And we won't know till it happens. I hate to confuse everyone with facts.

Just my 2 cents.

Steve Ball

Thanks John
Just my 2 cents.

Steve Ball
Are we talking facts here or true facts? Hope his real job will one day let him come play with us, until then we can talk and spin it all in every direction and well all be right.Good Luck in France to you and all the US contingent! Great ambassadors all and excellent representatives of US model boating!

Thanks John

what is the fastest class gas or nitro single or twin or electric want one extreme Oval rigger Thanks for any answers adam
Loaded question, as to what direction to go in, I would lean towards what others are racing in your back yard, the fastest boat on the planet is a waste if you don’t have buddies to race against. Then, pick your poison and spend every waking moment and $$ trying to make it the fastest you can. Then race it for the imaginary glory that fuels your passion, whether that is a 21 or 91 hydro, pushing your boat out to its design limit is a hoot. I have them all and I enjoy them all on different days but I do find that I like the bigger bore engines more, love the howl and final speeds. I’m a Nitro guy and always will be, I secretly hope that the electric and gas guys will wake up one

day and say “what were we thinking?”
default_smile.png
That said gas is getting faster but Wow do guys pour the $$ into mods to get there. Electrics are wicked fast but their lipo power source freak me out, nothing funny about the fire risk they are, especially when you chase their max speed capability.

That all said, make the choice and chase it, just know it’s a disease and you will one day wake up surrounded with boats and a wife that shakes her head!

Thanks John

Just my 2 cents.

Steve Ball
I'm with Steve, Not saying heat racing can't be learned, but passing 3-4 boast while racing 1or 2 others with heat racing water is much different. Now throw in a dead boat or two in lanes 2-4 exiting the left turn and/or entering the right turn. Each lap the water conditions have changed. Do you have the best coach behind you giving difference making information? Oh, don't forget to nail the start. It just is not the same.

Now make it a two boat GRUDGE...I'm sure his fastest two lap oval could fair nicely.

Respectfully,

MG

Back