Hooking DF Sniper Mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Jones

I presently have a DF Sniper (44" long) which has been a good boat for a number of years. It has a Zenoah 23cc engine and runs a modded 67x17x3 prop.

Until recently, it has been very predictable and relatively easy to drive. However, now when I turn right, it has suddenly started hooking quite badly and is almost impossible to race.

I have checked all alignments and all seem OK. The bottom of the hull is straight.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Frank it is possible the cg may have changed...Perhaps you had some ballast that may have moved ..

Good luck

David

A couple more ideas also....

• Double check that all hardware is tight, not worn out or damaged, and is aligned correctly. This includes checking for any propeller damage
  • Check transmitter rudder settings to make sure dual rates or exponential settings were not added or altered accidentally
  • Make sure radio box is firmly mounted with no fore- aft movement. This should include your rudder servo mounting system
  • Check condition of receiver battery pack or swap with a known good pack
  • Check rudder servo function and linkage or to make things easier swap with a known good one

Make sure the rudder is not kicked back from your original setup. This will really make a mono bow steer quickly.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

The kick back or forward of the rudder's leading edge, controls the bow height/angle of attack in the turns. The rudder might be a good place to start.

If the leading edge is kicked back the bow rides heavy (water pushes on deflected rudder surface, forcing bow down "drag"), if the leading edge is forward the bow will ride high. As the rudder acts like a aileron when deflected.

Sorry Chris didn't notice you already covered this.

Last edited:
Back