Name that Pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cooper pipe.

IIRC they started using the dual stinger outlets around the 2006 - 2007 timeframe.

It is a cooper pipe.

Cant tell what size-need deminsions.

Wish they were still available.

Tom
so what made them so good..or better than the next pipe? i have a brand new .80 size pipe and ran it on a VAC .91 and it was not so great...others say to run it on a 1/8 scale unl?? not a pissing session,just looking for opinions..

I tried a cooper on my nova 67 mono and with limited testing it was surprisingly good.

The engine is nearly broken in so I will test some more,,Nice and quiet but also unassuming ..This one is 2.238" across at widest with .425" stinger ID.

IMG_20180512_101127.jpg

Randy, You see, I was also right. Irwin sold to cooper. Who is the non believer now? I run mine in a scale, sprort40 and and a cat with an ops80. The same size pipes and I can't find a better pipe. They are not really very restricted but I get 76db's out of them.

But just a little restricted,,but it pulled a good tune on the plug at 11.5"

Last edited by a moderator:
Randy, You see, I was also right. Irwin sold to cooper. Who is the non believer now? I run mine in a scale, sprort40 and and a cat with an ops80. The same size pipes and I can't find a better pipe. They are not really very restricted but I get 76db's out of them.
Irwin has a flat back ... Cooper has a round back. Pretty simple to tell them apart.

To my knowledge Jim Irwin NEVER sold his business to Cooper. I believe Cooper (Dick Jones) starting making his own pipes after Irwin stopped. I could be wrong on this. Perhaps someone could clarify.

Irwin has a flat back ... Cooper has a round back. Pretty simple to tell them apart.

To my knowledge Jim Irwin NEVER sold his business to Cooper. I believe Cooper (Dick Jones) starting making his own pipes after Irwin stopped. I could be wrong on this. Perhaps someone could clarify.
I think that Jimmy Eddleman wound up with Jim's Pipe Business. Not sure what the details were as far as payment(s) were for the business though. I remember that Jimmy did make pipes for a while. It could have been that he just got the Outboard portion of Jim's stuff. Dave Roach would know exactly what happened as Jim and Dave were close friends.

irwin sold business to cooper....irwin/cooper...call it how you remember it
I personally new Jim Irwin.

I started racing in the 80s and spent many hours on the phone with Jim talking about the development of our hobby.

I am not always correct about certain subjects. Just ask my wife.

Jim Iwin did not sell his pipe business to Cooper.

I am getting older and cannot pull names out of my head like I use to. The gentleman that manufactured Cooper pipes last name was Cooper. Dick Jones was instrumental in the design of the pipes, but Cooper manufactured them.

I talked to Cooper many years ago at a race in Evansville, IN.

He was a very pleasant person to talk to and always was asking boaters for input to the design of his pipes.

I made a statement earlier that I wished they were still around.

Our hobby needs more people like Cooper.

He was an enervator and was trying to give us another option in the tune pipe area of our hobby.

Back