Eagle Twin overhaul complete

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lovely Boat, the eagles are just one of the best looking outriggers out there, the design is timeless

boat looks awesome! have you ran the VAC motors before with the parobalic pipes,and if so how did they run?
I’ve run the VAC’s for quite some time, here in Alberta we run either @ 2000 or 3500 feet. I for the most part used the CMB muffled pipe and it worked well at 2000 but when you jumped up to 3500 it struggled for air and got real finicky. I swapped out that pipe for the AA90 parabolic pipe on my 91 NR hydro last year and it worked really well at the higher elevation. Pretty sure it will help my VAC’s too, but will find out for sure when the ice melts.

Andy's boats not only great looking ones but super performers.....very nice work !

p.s I would add a second screw on the rear right boom!

Gill

boat looks awesome! have you ran the VAC motors before with the parobalic pipes,and if so how did they run?
I’ve run the VAC’s for quite some time, here in Alberta we run either @ 2000 or 3500 feet. I for the most part used the CMB muffled pipe and it worked well at 2000 but when you jumped up to 3500 it struggled for air and got real finicky. I swapped out that pipe for the AA90 parabolic pipe on my 91 NR hydro last year and it worked really well at the higher elevation. Pretty sure it will help my VAC’s too, but will find out for sure when the ice melts.
thanks greg for the reply.good luck with it.mike.

Andy's boats not only great looking ones but super performers.....very nice work !

Gill
Probably a good idea, has to be some serious pressure on the turn fin point.
If you're using a 4-40 for the boom it's good to ~600#'s in double shear. I have a feeling something else would let loose before the bolt sheared.

Gill
Probably a good idea, has to be some serious pressure on the turn fin point.
If you're using a 4-40 for the boom it's good to ~600#'s in double shear. I have a feeling something else would let loose before the bolt sheared.
Its not the shearing. Its the hole elongating. Id double up the front and rear on the right side. Start with the 4-40 and when they get loose. Go to 6-32.

Very nice build!!!!

Looks great! You can atleast glue in a wood dowel inside the sponson booms that the screws pass through. This will eliminate the screws from slotting the booms. I’ve been putting aluminum inside the hull booms which keeps the booms from cracking where the bolts pass through , and double wall the sponson booms with the one under size composite tube and then gluing wood dowel inside of that which makes the sponson booms solid to help with flex when running that type of boom material. Also, with the aluminum inside the hull booms ,extending out past the width of the hull ,it makes the booms break outside the hull without damaging the wood on the boat if impacted. Jeff Lutz

Looks great! You can atleast glue in a wood dowel inside the sponson booms that the screws pass through. This will eliminate the screws from slotting the booms. I’ve been putting aluminum inside the hull booms which keeps the booms from cracking where the bolts pass through , and double wall the sponson booms with the one under size composite tube and then gluing wood dowel inside of that which makes the sponson booms solid to help with flex when running that type of boom material. Also, with the aluminum inside the hull booms ,extending out past the width of the hull ,it makes the booms break outside the hull without damaging the wood on the boat if impacted. Jeff Lutz

you are absolutely right. great way to strengthen

however doing all of that will change the flex duration and the distance they flex,all part of the design of the hull ,its part of the handling characteristics.

something to consider if u do it. maybe test with and without changes to see which u like better or if the difference is noticeable to you

Back