CMB 27 Alpha EVO

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roger,

I was hoping others running this motor would chime in.

First year I ran the 27 ALPHA, I set a world record in a Crapshooter hydro. Put another one in a Calcraft mono 2 years after. What a hoot to drive that one. Finally got the boat trimmed properly last fall and I can't wait to race it now. Waiting on some new ABC props that I think will be the best for both the hydro and mono. CMB has a new aluminum muffled pipe that is 2 miles an hour faster than any other pipes that I have tried. It is very quiet and am sure it is compliant with Europe's DB level.

Stu

Okay Stuart, I've got a couple questions for you:

1) What's the whole set up(engine, header, quiet pipe and any other required stuff) going to cost?

2) You said you ran it in a Crapshooter and a Calcraft mono. What do you think it would do in a gas scale?

Okay Stuart, I've got a couple questions for you:

1) What's the whole set up(engine, header, quiet pipe and any other required stuff) going to cost?

2) You said you ran it in a Crapshooter and a Calcraft mono. What do you think it would do in a gas scale?
Answers:

1) Alpha Package: $975.00, Alpha Evo 2 Package: $1072.00

2) There are 3 gas scales that will hit the water this spring with CMB motors in them. Should do very well, but have not heard yet.

Stu

I've been running one in a Seaducer mono for the last two years and it is awesome! Finishing up my Jaguar hydro that will have one in it. Should be rocket.

mono.PNG

IMG_0437.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Roger,

I was hoping others running this motor would chime in.

First year I ran the 27 ALPHA, I set a world record in a Crapshooter hydro. Put another one in a Calcraft mono 2 years after. What a hoot to drive that one. Finally got the boat trimmed properly last fall and I can't wait to race it now. Waiting on some new ABC props that I think will be the best for both the hydro and mono. CMB has a new aluminum muffled pipe that is 2 miles an hour faster than any other pipes that I have tried. It is very quiet and am sure it is compliant with Europe's DB level.

Stu
Hi Stu:

I'm curious what length you're running the new aluminum CMB Alpha EVO pipe on your Calcraft mono? Thanks

David,

I can't give you total length because motor and pipe are out of the boat right now.  If I remember correctly, I had a gap of 3/16" between the end of pipe and pipe side header.

Stu

I ran the newest Evo2 yesterday and all I can say is WOW! It revs to the moon and has so much power. 

There is now an Evo Tuning kit that was just released last week. I'm using the CMB aluminum Alpha pipe.
Thanks. I asked about the pipe because your image above shows a conventional style pipe. I guess that was your older/previous set-up? (that is the same boat below correct?)

Seaducer_47Race_CMB-AlphaEVO27_Buckshot_IntlWaters-Jul2016_03.jpg

Seaducer_52in_CMB-AlphaEVO27_Buckshot_IntlWaters-April2018_01.png

That is a QuickDraw hot pipe and header in the photos above. The aluminum CMB pipe was not available when I started running the Alpha 2 years ago. I do not recommend using anything other than the current CMB pipe.

That is a QuickDraw hot pipe and header in the photos above. The aluminum CMB pipe was not available when I started running the Alpha 2 years ago. I do not recommend using anything other than the current CMB pipe.
Thanks !

Would love to see an updated picture of your Seaducer with the new Alpha 27cc EVO-2 with the CMB aluminum pipe setup

Back